Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Downloading investment updates from RBC

Quicken tells me all my investment accounts from RBC have updated, but there are no transactions that occurred. The last time Quicken showed any RBC transactions into my quicken accounts was July 16th. This even though I have requested updates since then. The last one today, July 31, 2020. However when I go directly into my RBC bank online account there are indeed multiple transactions that have occurred between 7/16/20 and now. Yet, Quicken tells me all accounts downloaded with zero transactions! Not sure what or where the problem lies??? Does anyone have any answers"

Best Answer

Answers

• richprichp Member
    I am having the same issue. The last time I was able to get my RBC transactions was 7/17 and I have had many transactions since then. Since all of my other accounts download successfully I contacted RBC online tech support yesterday. Have not heard back from them yet.
  • marfinmarfin Member ✭✭
    Dear RichP, thank you for responding. It’s good to know I’m not alone on this. Please let me know if RBC gets back to you and what they say. I did not contact them or Quicken support, as I’ve just had a serious eye surgery and the time I can endure in front of a computer is very short and just felt I could not deal with a lengthy phone and computer session. So again anything you can find out about a resolution, I’d be so grateful to know.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited August 2
    Hello @marfin and @richp

Thank you for taking the time to visit to report this issue, although I apologize that you are unable to update transactions with RBC.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If the trouble persists after completing these steps, please Contact Quicken Support for a review of the logs and advanced troubleshooting steps.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • marfinmarfin Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response Quicken Tyka, but the link you suggested did not really address the problem. Unfortunately as I stated, due to my eye surgery,I cannot be on a computer for any length of time, and contacting support usually means “time”. I am truly frustrated right now. What would have been helpful is for Quicken to look into why investment transactions from RBC Wealth are suddenly not downloading. Quicken tells me the accounts downloaded but there are no transactions, when in fact there are transactions! My last download that showed the transactions, was on July 16th.
    All other downloads from various banks, credit card transactions etc, are fine. Only RBC Wealth is not working properly!
  • mkuebelmkuebel Member
    I am also experiencing this issue. Transactions last RBC transactions downloaded on July 9.
  • mkuebelmkuebel Member
    I am sorry...my last post did not make sense. I am also experiencing an issue with RBC transactions not downloading into Quicken. They last downloaded on 7/9/20. I have checked my RBC accounts and have transactions through 7/31/20. This seems to be an issue between Quicken and RBC.
  • JimBurrowJimBurrow Member
    I am also experiencing the same problem where my transactions are not being downloaded to Quicken from RBC accounts. My last successful download was June 10th.
  • dmilbergdmilberg Member
    Not working. Issue between RBC and Quicken. Has not updated since July 15th. No error messages.

Quicken, "PLEASE TELL US WHERE THIS STANDS!!"
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @dmilberg

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you have been unable to download transactions from RBC.

At this time, there is no open investigation or ongoing alert for RBC. In order to open an investigation with our Service Providers for an online banking issue, there needs to be support contacts.

Please see the steps mentioned earlier in the thread:

Thank you for taking the time to visit to report this issue, although I apologize that you are unable to update transactions with RBC.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If the trouble persists after completing these steps, please Contact Quicken Support for a review of the logs and advanced troubleshooting steps.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

As the Community is mainly a user to user forum, issues with online banking need to be reported to support directly. Support has tools to investigate and log tickets of these incidents while the Community does not.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • BradBrad Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. Download does not get any transactions. It does indicate that it is updating balances and holdings.

Has anyone contacted Quicken Support yet?
    Any results back from them?
    Thanks.
    BRAD
  • marfinmarfin Member ✭✭
    Perhaps if we ALL contact Quicken support, they will then realize there is a problem between Quicken and RBC.
  • BradBrad Member ✭✭
    edited August 3
    Using Firefox as a browser, (Removed-Inaccurate/False Information) 
  • BradBrad Member ✭✭
    Looks like a browser issue. Chrome opens a dialog box to support.
  • Larry10Larry10 Member ✭✭
    Last week, I spent over 1 hour on the phone with Quicken support about this issue and they determined that it was an problem with RBC. I have been calling RBC every day and they are aware of the problem but do not have an estimate of when it will be fixed. I assumed that the Quicken support rep would have opened an investigation into this issue after my call last week.
  • BradBrad Member ✭✭
    Thanks Larry10 for the information. Hopefully they will fix it before my next statement arrives.
  • richprichp Member
    I just got off the phone with quicken support as well. We tried everything, including setting up a new test file and adding my RBC accounts. No transactions came down. My Quicken support rep also recommended contacting RBC tech support. So I will call them tomorrow and see what the latest status is.
  • BradBrad Member ✭✭
    I sent a message to RBC and received the following response:

Subject: RE: Quicken Download

There is currently a technical issue with the download into Quicken. We are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you from RBC Client Support Services.

So there we have it. Sit, wait and spin...
  • marfinmarfin Member ✭✭
    Thank you Brad for the update. At least we now know it’s an RBC issue. I’ll contact RBC also. Perhaps if they hear from more of us they will move faster to correct. “the squeaky wheel gets the oil!” We can only hope!
  • richprichp Member
    Called RBC support this morning and got the same answer. Quicken servers have been down for a while and support team still has no ECD. marfin I think you have the right idea. Tomorrow I am going to call my financial advisor and see if he can apply some pressure from his side. As a retired IT person I can tell you that 3+ weeks of down time without even an ECD is totally unacceptable.
  • marfinmarfin Member ✭✭
    I sent RBCClient services a message yesterday, but no reply from that yet, so I just called RBC client services and was told they are working on the problem, but no definite or anticipated date! So now, like richp, I too will contact my financial advisor.
  • karen brattonkaren bratton Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem, nothing since July 16. Will call advisor as well
  • karen brattonkaren bratton Member ✭✭
    Client support services said the issue should be resolved today, but definitely by tomorrow at latest. Fingers crossed
  • marfinmarfin Member ✭✭
    Thanks Karen for latest update. We’ll all keep fingers crossed.
  • LittlrissrLittlrissr Member
    I just realized that transactions are missing and not downloading. I was very happy to find this thread. Thank you all who have already addressed this with Quicken and RBC. Since it is still not fixed yet, I hope they get it done by end of day tomorrow.
  • Michael DetjeMichael Detje Member ✭✭
    I was surprised to find that this matter had been addressed as I do not check this forum unless I have a problem to solve. I am still using the last Quicken 2016....is this download part of an update? This would be worth it (once fixed) to upgrade to Annual Subscription model. Were there any major challenges experienced when attaching this download feature as opposed to manual entries?
    As of this morning, transactions are still not being downloaded. I wonder if anyone at RBC is actually working on resolving this problem. It is VERY frustrating.
    RBC customer support said that a patch is going in tonight and should be tested and ready for us to use tomorrow (Saturday) morning.
  • sharpwlssharpwls Member
    I have had the same problem since 14 July. My RBC advisor said they hope to have this fixed by "the end of this week"...we'll see!
  • richprichp Member
    And....we're back. Everything looks good
This discussion has been closed.