Sum of holdings not equal to sum of lots

For a single equity, the sum of my lots is not equal to the sum of the individual lots:
I am running version: R27.42 Build 27.1.27.42.
I have read post "sum of share lots does not equal stock total; shares disappeaered (sic) form (sic) lots but not from total"; validated the copy and super validated the copy to no avail. Any further suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure there are no hidden Placeholders in your account: Go to Edit > Preferences > Investment transactions and check "Show hidden transactions" if if is not already.

Look through the Transaction list (register) for any transactions that are gray even if not selected an have an Action type of Entry. Resolve the Placeholders. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the left of the number 1,080 I see a tiny blue dot. Is that really there in Quicken? If so, it might be trying to tell you something about that lot. I've never seen that before but if it's really there, it's worth checking out.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Millersville
    Millersville Member ✭✭
    Mr Squirrel: The blue dot is a glitch, not visible in the original screen.
    Mr. Harmon: My apologies. I forgot to mention that I had verified that all placeholders were visible as instructed in the prior post.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And have you resolved the placeholders in the problem security? Once a placeholder is down to zero shares, you should delete it. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Millersville
    Millersville Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your suggestion Mr. Harman, but I have no placeholder entries.
  • Millersville
    Millersville Member ✭✭
    Mr. Harman, Following your suggestion I was able to identify the offending date, I deleted all transactions on that date of the offending security, then re-input the data. The problem has been resolved! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.