Can You Rollover the Savings At the End of a Month to the Next Month?

I am NOT talking about per budget category, as I already know how to do that. I'm talking about the overall budget at the top of the page.

As you can see in the image, I have $572.26 that was saved because I got paid on the 31st. I want Quicken to know that I have that money for the following month and not just pretend like it doesn't exist. Is there a way I can do that?

Answers

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Thomas Borgnis
    The budget within Quicken was not designed to have a "budget rollover function" per se, in the manner you have described.

If you were determined, you could try to delete the paycheck transaction, then re-enter part of the paycheck on the 31st, and part ($572.26) on the 1st. That would be a heavy-handed kludge. (However, the unintended consequences of doing so probably makes this not worth the effort in the first place.)
  • Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

May I ask why I need to do this asinine workaround to make it so my budget recognizes money that is in my account? May I ask why Quicken has not done anything to implement this feature? Seems like a major oversight to me.

[removed - violation of community guidelines]
  • Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Thomas Borgnis
    "May I ask why I need to do this asinine workaround...?" You do not need to so.

I gently recommend you use the budget in Quicken in the manner in which it was built, albeit this is different than how you have stated you would like it to work.

You did ask how to do something the program was not designed to do.
    There is no "fix", but only a kludge approach to achieving your stated goal - and a fair warning about attempting such.

I have respectfully provided you with information, and a recommendation, so that you can make an informed decision as to which pathway you choose to pursue. 
  • Tammy Borgnis
    Tammy Borgnis Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    [removed - violation of community guidelines]
This discussion has been closed.