How can I stop pop ups about renewals?

I use Quicken for basic basic entry. It used to be free. I purchased it and am not renewing. How the heck do I stop the Pop Ups and all the crap about renewing. It is becoming very invasive. Any thoughts besides just paying the $35 to make it stop.

Best Answer

• razzzy`
    razzzy` Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I don't honestly mind the renewal message at the top banner but the constant "your software is out of date" pop ups was getting out of hand. It came on 2x per opening up the icon.

Good news is I found a work around and I no longer see them. Thank goodness!

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't renew a subscription about 25% of your screen will be taken up with a reminder to renew.

https://www.quicken.com/support/what-quicken-data-access-guarantee

There was this thread, Expiration-Vote, but it has been closed

See,  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-subscription-membership-faqs  Under...Why am I seeing an expiration banner?

If you can find a copy of Quicken 2017, I think you can go back to the previous version with no nag screens.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• razzzy`
    razzzy` Member ✭✭
    Thanks. Just annoying and they should really stop it :)
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @razzzy`  What Q product are you running, and what BUILD of that Product?
    Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• razzzy`
    razzzy` Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > @razzzy`  What Q product are you running, and what BUILD of that Product?

Version 5.17.2 (Build 517.34845.100)
    Deluxe 2020
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you running QMac?  You posted this thread in a QWin area.
    If truly QMac, I can get it moved.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    And with Quicken Mac, you can't move back to the older pre-subscription version.

I understand that it's annoying, but Quicken is a business… which needs to make money to stay in business. They try to get people to renew their subscription annually by making the software indispensable. For those people on the fence, or who just don't want to spend money to support ongoing development, fixes, support services, and customer support, they try to annoy you into renewing. This drives some people away, but their statistics must show that it generates more business than it drives away.

I'm not an apologist for the company, but think about it from their standpoint: why should they show consideration to former paying users who are telling the company they no longer want to pay for the software?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • razzzy`
    razzzy` Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I don't honestly mind the renewal message at the top banner but the constant "your software is out of date" pop ups was getting out of hand. It came on 2x per opening up the icon.

Good news is I found a work around and I no longer see them. Thank goodness!
  • razzzy`
    razzzy` Member ✭✭
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Are you running QMac?  You posted this thread in a QWin area.If truly QMac, I can get it moved.

Mac/PC was same issue. No need to move.
This discussion has been closed.