Two-factor Authentication

I have seen a variety of cases and responses to the issue of logging in to accounts with two-factor authentication, but I have not seen any resolutions. I'm trying to access a Wells Fargo account and have yet to be able to establish the account in Quicken because of this. During the set up it asks for the code but it still does not grant me access. Probably a known issue but has anyone found a solution, aside from removing that security measure?

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @PepperMTB

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you are experiencing difficulty receiving code when attempting to connect to Wells Fargo.

May I ask that you navigate to Quicken > About Quicken and provide the release that you are currently running.

If you navigate to Settings in the bottom right-hand corner of the Wells Fargo account, what is the name (verbatim) of the Financial Institution listed? 

Please also provide the Connection type displayed in the settings menu as well.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • PepperMTB
    PepperMTB Member ✭✭
    The version is 5.15.3. The connection is Quicken connect. The website is wellsfargo.com. I can log in via the website as it prompts for the place to send the authentication code. Quicken come back with a download error (-30), which I attempt to resolve but it still does not go through.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @PepperMTB

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

I would start by deactivating and reactivating the affected account(s).

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

I would then connect the accounts using the Wells Fargo option shown below:

If the trouble persists after connecting to this "instance" of Wells Fargo, please include the error messages you are receiving if it differs from the previous error.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • PepperMTB
    PepperMTB Member ✭✭
    So this fix seemingly helped. The oddity is that doing an all account update still presents an error but the error window never presents as it had previously at the conclusion of the download. I get the prompt for the two factor authentication and it is seemingly accepted. This is not an a count the has frequent transactions so it is hard to tell if the update is complete.
  • Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭✭
    I have a similar problem with State Farm which is using two-factor identification. In my case in "Bill Manager" when setting the Payee up as an online account, I receive the "! Account is locked. Login to your biller's web site to check the status of this account." I believe this has to do with State Farm's two-factor. I can log in directly, receive my code and access my account. I am attempting to disable the two-factor but having difficulty doing that. I do not receive a screen in Quicken asking for the code.
    What I do Next?
    Quicken user since DOS 1.1 (1983)
  • Hello @Dave Robinson,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, however, this is an older post and is less likely to get an answer.

I suggest creating a new post for better visibility.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849429/how-to-add-a-post-to-the-community

Be sure to include a description of the issue, along with any error messages, as well as the version/release of Quicken that you're using.

The more information you can provide will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.