Morgan Stanley Wealth Management download errors

Michael B
Michael B Mac Beta Beta
Morgan Stanley is not down loading any of the account information, last update was July 31, 2020 I've tried setting up a new account and keep getting unable to connect. Same issue on 2 different computers with 2 different accounts. Called MS but they don't recognize any issues Any suggestions

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Hello @MICHEAL B

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I'd like to see if we're having issues overall but it looks like we'll need to check on with a test file. It will give us an idea if this is a file issue or a connection problem. I'll list the instructions below on how to do so. 

1. Choose File menu > New.
    2. Select Start From Scratch.
    3. Select to not use Mobile or Web.
    Select the account type and try connecting to the FI we're having issues with.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Once you get a chance to try the test file let us know if you're able to connect. We'll see what our best option is.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Michael B
    Michael B Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken Francisco
    thanks for the information, I should mention I am using Q Mac 15.17.4, I have now tried this on 3 different computers, 3 different Morgan Stanley Account, same results, not able to connect to update.
    Also missing from Account Status window, bottom right corner , all account but not Morgan Stanley, see attached
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

@Micheal Buss

My apologies for posting the steps to windows instead of mac. I'll adjust my post so that it instead reflects the mac side steps to trying on a test file. Are the files different on each of the 3 computers? I'll still ask to try a test file on your primary computer to be sure it's a connectivity issue.  This has been happening for a bit here as well. 

Are there any error messages when trying to download or does it just appear as no new downloads? Did you try deactivating and reactivating the accounts as well? If you did that's likely the reason the password is not showing up in the list of the screenshot. 

Let's try the test file and if we're unable to we'll see about collecting logs so we're able to get some more information.

Thanks

Quicken Francisco

• Michael B
    Michael B Mac Beta Beta
    Quicken Francisco
    i've been on the phone with support at Quicken and Morgan Stanley.
    The Morgan Stanley person says she has had 3 calls today about this issue, quicken rep says at this time she is not aware of any reports of issues. Morgan Stanley is going to get back to me.
    thanks
    Michael
  • Ken159
    Ken159 Member ✭✭
    I have the (exact) same issue with Morgan Stanley as of Aug 1. Quicken for MAC Priemier, Version 5.17.3 (Build 517.34913.100), macOS 10.14.6

Ken
  • Michael B
    Michael B Mac Beta Beta
    Ken
    If you have time I suggest you call quicken support and Morgan teck support The more the better

Michael
  • pgivans
    pgivans Member
    Same issue for me with Morgan Stanley. Quicken Deluxe 2020 Version 5.17.3 (Build 517.34913.100), Mac 10.15.5

Patrick G
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭

Morgan Stanley Wealth Management is not downloading. Following an Update Online Account session, the Account Status window shows Last Update was Yesterday but no error message is displayed.

OFXLog contains the following:

<OFX><SIGNONMSGSRSV1><SONRS><STATUS><CODE>15500<SEVERITY>INFO<MESSAGE>The SSN/TIN, username or password you entered is incorrect.</STATUS><DTSERVER>20200805134820.502[-4:EDT]<LANGUAGE>ENG<FI><ORG>msdw.com<FID>1235</FI></SONRS></SIGNONMSGSRSV1><PROFMSGSRSV1><PROFTRNRS><TRNUID>1B29212E-D1E4-49AC-BE17-FDA49011B7E1<STATUS><CODE>2000<SEVERITY>ERROR<MESSAGE>Invalid Profile</STATUS></PROFTRNRS></PROFMSGSRSV1></OFX>

Attempting to set up a connection to Morgan Stanley in a separate test file gives:

Oops. We’re having a problem.
    Quicken cannot communicate with Morgan Stanley Wealth Management.
    The user cannot sign on because the user ID or password is invalid.

Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • Jim Shiffrin
    Jim Shiffrin Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem with Morgan Stanley as of 6 Aug. I updated Quicken Windows to 28.10 yesterday (5 Aug). I have no problem logging in to my Morgan Stanley web page.
  • wayneusa
    wayneusa Member ✭✭
    I also have the same problem with Morgan Stanley as of 6 Aug. I updated Quicken Windows to 28.10 yesterday (5 Aug). I have no problem logging in to my Morgan Stanley web page.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Same problem here, with same OFXLOG error messages as @lhossus shows above. This is affecting both Windows & Mac users. OL-332-A.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited August 2020
    Interesting: I was able to connect & download from MSWM fine using QWin R28.10, but R26.23 still results in OL-332-A.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Interesting: I was able to connect & download from MSWM fine using QWin R28.10, but R26.23 still results in OL-332-A.
    I spoke too soon. I updated my R26.23 production machine to R28.10 and it still fails to connect to MSWM. My test machine running R28.10 successfully connects. This confuses my brain.

• CaveCreek
    CaveCreek Member ✭✭✭
    Sent "Report a problem ..." to Quicken. OL-332-A error MSWM. Login/Password used by Quicken is correct as verified on MSWM web site.

<OFX><SIGNONMSGSRSV1><SONRS><STATUS><CODE>15500<SEVERITY>INFO<MESSAGE>The SSN/TIN, username or password you entered is incorrect.</STATUS><DTSERVER>20200806103856.123[-7:MST]<LANGUAGE>ENG<FI><ORG>msdw.com<FID>1235</FI></SONRS></SIGNONMSGSRSV1><PROFMSGSRSV1><PROFTRNRS><TRNUID>76B9DB00-7D99-1000-A54D-8C4ABEDE0026<STATUS><CODE>2000<SEVERITY>ERROR<MESSAGE>Invalid Profile</STATUS></PROFTRNRS></PROFMSGSRSV1></OFX>
    B)  Windows 10 Home / Quicken Premier Subscription - Quicken user since the last century
  • delewis
    delewis Member
    I am running the MAC version of Quicken and was having download issues with Morgan Stanley. I contacted Morgan Stanley to see if there were any issues with the account being locked or any issues on their end. When the call center person checked, he said that Morgan Stanley is aware of the issue and is working to resolve the issue with Quicken users connecting to Morgan Stanley. He asked that I give them a day or two and call back if it is still not working.
  • Michael B
    Michael B Mac Beta Beta
    Seems a number of us are having the same issue, I would expect both Quicken and Morgan Stanley will get it worked out quickly and efficiently. There is always some comfort in knowing its not just you having an issue.

Michale B
  • Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Michael B said:
    > Morgan Stanley is not down loading any of the account information, last update was July 31, 2020 I've tried setting up a new account and keep getting unable to connect. Same issue on 2 different computers with 2 different accounts. Called MS but they don't recognize any issues Any suggestions

Same issue only on Quicken for Windows
  • Same problem here, running 5.17.3 (Build 517.34913.100). Haven't connected since 8/4.

Morgan Stanley doesn't have any guidance for Quicken's issues, and I'm using the correct userid and password.
  • Jim Markisohn
    Jim Markisohn Member ✭✭
    Same problem here, running 5.17.3 (Build 517.34913.100). Haven't been able to download since 7/31. Shut off downloads on one of my MS accounts then try to set it up fresh - didn't recognize my ID and password.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Shut off downloads on one of my MS accounts then try to set it up fresh - didn't recognize my ID and password.
    I don't recommend futzing with your Quicken setup, whether Mac or Windows.
    Quicken broke this and only Quicken can fix it. We'll just have to wait.

• Jay Berman
    Jay Berman Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue, starting today, 8/7 Morgan Stanley Wealth Management not downloading "Connectivity Problems" check password. My passwords are correct. I am using Quicken windows on Parallels on a Mac. I can connect on mac and windows VM with no problem I agree it is a Quicken issue. All my other accounts work just fine.
  • Jim Shiffrin
    Jim Shiffrin Member ✭✭✭
    7 Aug, and it seems to be fixed for Quicken WIndows 28.10
  • Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    Worked for me also on Aug 7
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still NOT downloading from Morgan Stanley Wealth Management at 9:10 AM on Aug 7.

Quicken for Mac v5.17.3. macOS Mojave v10.14.6.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • Roy Van Brunt
    Roy Van Brunt Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Consistently since the overnight download at 4am?
  • I have the same issue since yesterday. Says muy password isn,t correct
  • cwerph
    cwerph Member ✭✭
    New to this version of Quicken. When I tried to add my MorganStanley account, it said it could not correct and it wasn't my fault.
  • cwerph
    cwerph Member ✭✭
    > @cwerph said:
    > New to this version of Quicken. When I tried to add my MorganStanley account, it said it could not correct and it wasn't my fault.

Connect, not correct.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I also received this error this morning.  Resolved it with a Branding & Profile refresh per Quicken Knowledge Base article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/server-issue-troubleshooting
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you are experiencing this trouble

At this time, there is no listed alert or known issue with Morgan Stanley, although I see that several are reporting issues with them.

I would recommend contacting support directly for assistance. Contacting support will generate tickets that help gauge user impact which can then be used to open a ticket with our service providers.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Please be sure to communicate to support how long you have been experiencing this issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.