Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

Quicken Bill Manager

What does one do if they need more than the 10 online and 3 check payments that Quicken Bill Manager offers?

Best Answer

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @jnprop

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question.

To clarify, there is no way to add more payments to your total monthly payments at this time. 

We are working to provide this option.  If you reach your payment 'limit' for the month, you will see a message that you can't make more payments.

Please take a moment to follow the ongoing Idea post here to be notified of any updates or changes. 

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 7
    If one requires more than the monthly limit of payments supported by Quick Pay and Check Pay, one uses another payment service.   If you want to issue online payments from within Quicken, I suggest you consider using one of the more than 500 financial institutions that support online bill payment using the Direct Connect connection method.  Otherwise, I suggest you consider most online billers may be set to automatically charge a credit card or withdraw from a checking account and a free bill pay service provided a financial institution may be used to issue the credit card payments and any remaining bills.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • jnpropjnprop Member ✭✭
    Yeah... Im pretty sure my credit union doesn't offer Direct Connect. Of course, I can go over to my bank website and pay bills thru there but I like doing everything from right in Quicken. I do my personal finances and I also run my rental business through Quicken. So I have many bills to pay every month. I thought maybe "one" could purchase more payments. One could do that with the old Bill Pay. I am considering looking for a bank that offers direct connect. But that will involve moving 6 accounts and I have been with my credit union for 20+ years so not looking forward to that. Running everything thru a credit card is not feasible for running a business.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Accepted Answer
    Hello @jnprop

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question.

To clarify, there is no way to add more payments to your total monthly payments at this time. 

We are working to provide this option.  If you reach your payment 'limit' for the month, you will see a message that you can't make more payments.

Please take a moment to follow the ongoing Idea post here to be notified of any updates or changes. 

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • jswafajswafa Member ✭✭✭
    Wow. Really? No way to even pay for more??
  • jnpropjnprop Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @jnprop
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question.
    >
    > To clarify, there is no way to add more payments to your total monthly payments at this time. 
    >
    > We are working to provide this option.  If you reach your payment 'limit' for the month, you will see a message that you can't make more payments.
    >
    > Please take a moment to follow the ongoing Idea post here to be notified of any updates or changes. 
    >
    > Thank you,
    > -Quicken Tyka

Thank you Tyka,
    I am actually in the process of looking for a new bank. My credit union upgraded their app and website but downgraded their connection method for Quicken/Quickbooks to Web Connect only. And so far they can't even get that right. Like I said before, ive been with them 20+ years but ive got to find something else. I was willing to do Direct Web Connect but Web Connect is a deal breaker for me. I am to invested in Quicken and now Turbotax since I fired my accountant. lol I will be looking for a bank with Direct Connect for sure. Thank you for you kind reply!

Parrish
  • GregNGregN Member ✭✭
    My bank also does not accept "Direct Web Connect" payments, but I am certainly not willing to change banks just because Quicken's new Bill Manager lacks the minimal functionality of recurring payments and limits payments to in impractical number per month. That's nuts.
  • dblacherdblacher Member
    Bill Manager is, to say the least, a disaster. What was 2 clicks plus a few keystrokes in Bill Pay, ON A SINGLE SCREEN, is now a dozen or more clicks on multiple screens and a bunch of additional key strokes. There is seemingly no logic to it from an accounting perspective, much less a lay person's intuitive approach to bill paying, which was magnificantly built in to BILL PAY. Add to this this that the developers apparently have little, if any, knowledge of the English language (which is presumably the language of the vast majority of users), and the potential for errors is overwhelming. For example, the Pay by Mail program requires that the "DUE DATE" be entered - fair enough. However, when you enter this date from the BILLER'S invoice, you get a message that this date, is when the check will be prepared, AND MAILED IN THE NEXT DAY OR TWO FOR DELIVER FOUR OR SO DAYS LATER! The developers of the program seem totally ignorant of the meaning of this term in common and long established English usage. In point of fact, the "DUE DATE" is the date after which a payment is delinquent. Delinquent payments negatively impact your credit score.
  • jnpropjnprop Member ✭✭
    > @GregN said:
    > My bank also does not accept "Direct Web Connect" payments, but I am certainly not willing to change banks just because Quicken's new Bill Manager lacks the minimal functionality of recurring payments and limits payments to in impractical number per month. That's nuts.

Direct Web Connect is not about payments. It's about the connection method. One is automatic and the other, web connect is manual.the only connection method that offers payments, transfers, etc from within Quicken is Direct Connect. I here you about the hassle of moving banks. Ive been with mine for 20+ years.
This discussion has been closed.