I'm having an issue with matching transactions

This discussion was created from comments split from: Trouble with matching transactions.

Comments

• TXShooter
    TXShooter Member ✭✭✭
    HOW THE BLOODY BLEEP DO YOU START A NEW THREAD FOR GETTING HELP ON THIS FORUM?? (Using Firefox 79.0 on Windows 10 Home)

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but for some reason I can NOT figure out how to start my own.

I'm having a similar issue with matching transactions, except when I create a transaction from a Bill Reminder (with 31 split lines in it), verifying all transfers are categorized correctly, go back after a few days... some (not all) transactions are broken.

Example: I am not using the standard Paycheck Form to enter my net income because there's too much data that I'm splitting. So, I manually created a Bill Reminder with all of the appropriate deductions and other information that I am trying to keep track of. A few of these such as FERS Contributions, TSP Contributions, and my Paid Leave (earned and used) and Sick Leave (earned and used), keep breaking (in the latest attempt to fix this... federal and state taxes withheld, and one of my Leave Accrual lines kept going missing).

I use their appropriate categories (already built up in the recurring Bill Reminder), and a few days later they're broken (as evident when I go to their corresponding accounts, right-click on the transaction and select  "Go to matching transfer" and get the error "The transfer transaction is to an account that no longer exists in Quicken." When I go back to the originating transaction, lo and behold the Category for that split-line is blank. To make matters worse, when I correct this by re-entering the transferring category, rather than link it to the original transfer transaction, it creates a new one, thus throwing off the account balances.

What's the FIX to this (not a work around, an actual fix)?

I've tried to delete the reoccurring Bill Reminder and recreating it... while that fixed some missing 'categories' on the Bill Reminder, it also broke a different set of transfers. I've tried Validating and Super-Validating... errors are found and fixed (some that don't make any sense to me, but hey, I'm not the one that created those features), but still the problem remains. I've tried to delete the transferring accounts and started all over (that is EXHAUSTING to do, btw).
  • Quicken Diana
    Quicken Diana Moderator, Employee mod

Hello @ TXShooter

Thank you for posting in the Community, though I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with tracking your paycheck via Bill and Income Reminder.

I have two suggestions, the first is to create a memorized payee with split categories. To do this navigate to TOOLS > MEMORIZED PAYEE LIST > NEW PAYEE (bottom left) You will be able to create the payee and add all of the categories for which the check is to be allocated. Just be sure to choose the “lock and leave this payee unchanged when it is edited in a register” option at the bottom. When you enter the deposit transaction into the register, it will remain unchanged.

Another suggestion is to try out the Paycheck Wizard. This tool will also allow for the deductions and allocations to be tracked accordingly. TOOLS > MANAGE BILL AND INCOME REMINDERS > ADD (top left) INCOME REMINDER > PAYCHECK SETUP WIZARD (blue link at the bottom of the window).

Have a look and let us know if this will work for you.

Thank you

- Quicken Diana

• TXShooter
    TXShooter Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Diana,
    Thank you. I will try the Memorized Payee solution. The Paycheck Wizard is not an option as it is limited for my needs... I'm also tracking a couple of retirement splits and keeping track of my PTO earned vs used ($1=1hr).

My next paycheck arrives this week, so I will test this out and report back my findings.
    Thank you,
    TXShooter
  • TXShooter
    TXShooter Member ✭✭✭
    After making the changes, saving, exiting, and restarting Quicken, the same problem has returned as a different issue (the same problem that I had in the beginning... just couldn't remember the details of it) for Future Bill and Income Reminders... [Unspecified Account] for ALL transfers to other accounts on these Income Reminders.

What next?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hello @TXShooter

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • TXShooter
    TXShooter Member ✭✭✭
    I'm unable to test or continue troubleshoot this issue because there's been a new problem induced since the last Q-Update... my checking account refuses to accept any new transaction from a download. I'm going to TRY to start a new thread on it, if I can find where that's located.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @TXShooter

Thank you for the response, to create a new post on the Community, please see the steps at the link below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849429/how-to-add-a-post-to-the-community#latest

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.