TJMax MasterCard and Quicken

Does anybody know how to add TJMax MasterCard to Quicken?
Thank you.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @GenStu

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

At this time, I do not see a TJ Max instance in the Quicken for Mac bank list. However, it may be under a different financial institution.

Is this card powered by a separate financial institution, such as Synchrony for example?

Also, what is the URL that you use to go online to view this account? This can help me confirm if there is a listed financial institution for this card.

Please let me know!

Thank you,

Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • GenStu
    GenStu Member ✭✭
    Hello Quicken_Tyka,
    Thank you for you quick reply.
    TJ Max has recently changed their credit card to what is called TJX Rewards® Platinum Mastercard®. The only access I have to the card is through the TJX web site: https://tjx.syf.com/
    In a phone conversation with TJX support they claimed that some customers were able to connect the credit card to Quicken and recommended to ask for help from the Quicken support.
    Thank you.
    Gennady
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Thank you for the response and for providing the URL and additional details.

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate an instance in our bank list that matches that URL.

It would appear that  Your bank does not yet support Quicken. If you want Quicken to be supported, you will need to contact your financial institution directly and tell them you'd like to download your accounts into Quicken.

In the meantime, you will need to track this account manually. For more information on adding a manual account, click here.

I apologize for not having better news.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • GenStu
    GenStu Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the clarification.
    I went back to the TJMax web site and found the following statement on their web page: "Your TJX Rewards® credit card is issued by Synchrony Bank. The Synchrony Bank Privacy Policy governs the use of the TJX Rewards® credit card."
    Does this change anything?
    Thanks.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @GenStu

I went ahead and looked for just Synchrony options, I do not see any generic Synchrony card options that look as though they may work.

One option to try would be to navigate to the https://tjx.syf.com/ and sign in and see if they offer a QFX option, this is downloadable to file that is used to import transactions into Quicken.

Every financial institution is different but this option may be understatements, you may also try searching for "QFX" or searching "Quicken" to see if there are more steps available on the website.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • GenStu
    GenStu Member ✭✭
    They do have a QFX option, and I use it. My hope was that there might be a direct download option, but apparently there is none.
    Thanks again for your help.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @GenStu

May I ask that you navigate to Settings in the bottom right-hand corner and provide the financial institution that is listed?

Then, go to "Change Connection Type" this will open the bank list. Choose "Options" to see the connection methods available.

On the screen shown, do you have any options that you are able to select?

If they are all greyed out but "Web Connect" automatic download is not supported at this time.

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • GenStu
    GenStu Member ✭✭
    I do have Quicken Connect option for Synchrony Bank Credit Cards. However, what I realized, I actually cannot login to the Synchrony Bank web account in the browser. They reject me saying that there is not such credit card account. It looks like this a problem not related to Quicken, probably they only allow to see the TJMax credit card via TJMax web site.
This discussion has been closed.