Specific Groups Not Appearing in the Group Drop Down List

There are three Groups (Personal Expenses, Business Expenses and Rental Property Income) that appear on the Category List, as well as the Manage Budget Categories on the Planning tab. However, they are not showing on the Group assignment drop down list as shown on the attached. I have validated and super validated my data file and reinstalled Quicken - Premier R28.10.

Is this a flaw or is there another way of accessing these categories without typing in each time I want to use?

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The default Expense groups are set based on the tax-line associate with the category.

Personal Expenses
    is the default Expense group.  
    Business Expenses is the default Expense group when the tax-line item is set to a Schedule C line item.  
    Rental Property Income is a default Income group category.  
  • bob_s
    bob_s Member ✭✭
    Sherlock, you apparently missed my point. I am looking for two things: (1) Explanation why the two/three default categories are not in the Group assignment drop down and (2) how the default and created (in the drop down) work in conjunction. For example:
    Personal Expenses
    Mandatory
    Utilities
    Water
    Discretionary
    Hobbies
    Tools
    Based on my most recent experience, the above budgeting/reporting hierarchy is not available: One can have,
    Personal Expenses
    Discretionary
    Mandatory
    -OR-
    Discretionary
    Mandatory

Apparently, the use of the (optional) Group is of limited (if any) value...
This discussion has been closed.