Q Mac not saving new bank password

I updated one of my bank passwords a couple months ago. Quicken will not save it. Every time I update accounts, that one account errors out and I have to manually enter the new password. Then it updates fine. I have the box checked to save the password to keychain, but it will not save the new password. I've tried deactivating and reactivating multiple times, with the same result.

Best Answer

• Allen106
    Allen106 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    In case anyone is looking for the final solution I got from Quicken support...

Deactivate the problem account(s) in the troubleshooting tab of the account settings.
    Sign out of Quicken under the Quicken menu.
    Reset connected services in the connected services preferences tab.
    Delete the relevant Quicken keychain item for the problem Institution.
    Sign in to Quicken under the Quicken menu.
    Add new account for the Institution, Log in, and link to the desired accounts.

Finally all set!

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'd suggest opening Keychain Access from the macOS Utilities folder. Find Quicken's entry for this bank and manually update it. If that doesn't work, try deleting it in Keychain Access and see if it works when you next check the box in Quicken.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Allen106
    Allen106 Member ✭✭
    Keychain still had the old password. Updating it manually didn't work. Deleting it didn't get a new entry created after another update with manual password entry. But at that point, deactivating and reactivating did create a new entry with the new password. Seems to have worked!
  • Allen106
    Allen106 Member ✭✭
    No, apparently did NOT work. Quicken again asked me for my new bank credentials, today. Keychain HAS the proper entry now, with the proper password, but Quicken is still demanding a password to be entered manually.
  • RickO
    Are you checking the box that says to save in the keychain?
  • Allen106
    Allen106 Member ✭✭
    Yes. And after deleting the previous keychain entry and deactivating the affected accounts in Quicken, then reactivating them, it DID create a new entry in keychain, with the accurate credentials, and appeared to work fine. Today Quicken is error-ing out again , looking for a manual password. Hmmm.
  • RickO
    Sorry, I'm out of ideas. I think that contacting Quicken Support would be your next step if nobody else chimes in here with a solution.
  • Allen106
    Allen106 Member ✭✭
    Appreciate the input.
  • Allen106
    Allen106 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    In case anyone is looking for the final solution I got from Quicken support...

Deactivate the problem account(s) in the troubleshooting tab of the account settings.
    Sign out of Quicken under the Quicken menu.
    Reset connected services in the connected services preferences tab.
    Delete the relevant Quicken keychain item for the problem Institution.
    Sign in to Quicken under the Quicken menu.
    Add new account for the Institution, Log in, and link to the desired accounts.

Finally all set!
This discussion has been closed.