Quicken for Mac subscription running extremely slow

After the last updates, my Quicken file now runs extremely slow. Any edits to a transaction take forever. Get the spinning disk.
I tried to reconcile an account, but had to give up.
Please fix!!

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @Rex Adams,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience incurred. 

If you are still needing assistance, please post back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're using. You can find this information by navigating to Quicken>About Quicken.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Other information that might be helpful in getting to the bottom of what you're experiencing: what is the size of your Quicken data file, and where is it located (e.g. in your Documents folder, in the default location inside the Application Services folder in your Library folder, on a cloud service like Dropbox or iCloud, etc.)?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jacobs
    Also, I meant to mention one very quick thing to look for: do you have any report windows open behind the main Quicken window? Since every report now opens in its own window, if you don't close them, they remain open -- forever. When you click back on the main screen, the reports windows are typically behind it, unless you've dragged them off to the side. So it's easy to quit Quicken, forgetting there are one or more reports windows open behind the main window, and when you launch Quicken next time, they'll be right back there -- completely out of sight. Some reports take a while to generate, so if you have several, it can really slow Quicken every time you enter/edit a transaction and the reports need to refresh. So just double-check on your Windows menu that there are no open reports (which are at the bottom of the menu, under "Sync Errors"). 
  • JeffH
    JeffH Member
    I am using Mac subscription and since upgrading to 5.17.2 entries and reconciliations have been extremely slow. I get the spinning ball with every entry. Reconciling accounts is an exercise in extreme patience. What's going on? How can it be fixed? Thanks
  • jacobs
    Did you read the post above?
  • JeffH
    JeffH Member
    Yes. No report windows open
  • JeffH
    JeffH Member
    My mistake. There was one open that I didn't see. Thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.