Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

One Step Update Doesn't Download From All Financial Institutions

Quicken - Deluxe
Year: 2020
Version: R28.10
Build: 27.1.28.10

Windows 10 Pro

After recently updating to this version, One Step Update doesn't download from all financial institutions. But if you do a second One Step Update, then Quicken does download from all financial institutions.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

Run Quicken.
Perform a One Step Update.
The summary will show that only some financial institutions were downloaded from.
The summary will show that all financial institutions were downloaded from.

Best Answer

Answers

• bill_flynnbill_flynn Member ✭✭
    I noticed this morning that the same thing happens with the scheduled One Step Update. Only three of the five financial institutions are downloaded from. I then have to do a manual One Step Update in Quicken, two times, in order get everything downloaded.
  • Joe BedfordJoe Bedford Member ✭✭
    edited August 6
    We're having no luck recently downloading from Investors Group.

We don't use one step update - we do Investing / Download Activity / Quotes
  • Joe BedfordJoe Bedford Member ✭✭
    I discovered that my wife's machine was a couple of versions out-of-date. After update to the latest version, it downloads fine.
  • canoe32canoe32 Member ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem after updating to R28.10. One Step Update only downloads 4 out of 7 financial institutions in the first update. The second One Step Update downloads everything.
  • FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please see this recent Alert (LINK)

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R28.24 - Build 27.1.28.24  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 1909
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
    > @Frankx said:
    > Please see this recent Alert (LINK)
    >
    > Frankx

The link appears to apply to Quotes (I assume stock and mutual fund prices) and restoring connections. Our problem is not a failure to connect, which would return a CC-XXX error code, but rather the One Step Update is not even attempted for some financial institutions.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

As there are few issues discussed here, please provide the name of the financial institution that is not updating/being skipped when updating.

Also, please Choose the Tools menu in the upper left then select Account List. Click Edit next to your account, then choose the Online Services tab at the top and provide the connection type being used.

If using Express Web Connect, please take a moment to review the previous discussion available here.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
    I have three accounts that consistently fail the first One Step Update:
    1) Chase Visa - Express Web Connect
    2) Citi Visa - Express Web Connect
    3) GTE Financial - Express Web Connect
    During One Step Update they remain grayed out with a status of "Waiting..."

These always work on the first One Step Update:
    1) AT&T Universal (Citi) MasterCard - Express Web Connect
    2) Bank of America - Direct Connect
    3) Vanguard - Direct Connect
    4) Vanguard - Direct Connect

They appear in alphabetical order in the list. The first two update, it skips three, and then completes the two Vanguard accounts. Weird thing is, two of the credit cards are both Citi cards, both are Express Web Connect, yet only one updates the first time.
  • TXShooterTXShooter Member ✭✭✭
    My issue is from KFCU, specifically the checking account. The OFX Log shows the transactions as being downloaded, but Q doesn't recognize the new transactions. Ive tried to import the QFX from my FI, which also shows in the OFX Log, but those too aren't recognized by Q either. This doesn't appear to be a downloading or importing issue... it appears to be a program or database problem.

Specific details in QFX File:
    <ORG>30
    <FID>30
    <INTU.BID>63
    <ACCTTYPE>CHECKING

CONNLOG.TXT |  Checking only:
    20200808 09:41:56: Mapping Error Codes ---- [Getting account status for ULTIMATE CHECKING XX0090]: IC error : 0, EBStatus: 0

In fact, every code in the CONNLOG.TXT is Zero.
    edited August 8
    Hi Tyka,

I have two that fail on the first One Step Update but succeed on the second and both are Express Web Connect.

I have two that always succeed and both are Direct Connect.

I will take a look at the link you provided for Express Web Connect.

FYI, my connection channel is FDS.

Bill...
    edited August 8
    Another piece to the puzzle... when attempting to perform a mini OSU on the affected checking account, the "Update Now" button is grayed out, and all that I'm left with is either Manage Passwords, Fill Passwords, the Help icon, and Cancel. It would appear that the only way to un-gray it is to reset the account (which, btw, why do you have to enter both your Vault Password and your Login Password to the online account?).

After resetting the account, here's the output in the OFX log (watch out now, it's huge):

==== Mini-OSU Start (20200808/12:32:46) ====

==== Mini-OSU End (20200808/12:32:47) ====

And the 'Update Now' button is once again grayed out.

Hello @TXShooter

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

If you haven't done so already, please try Financial Institution Branding and Profile.
    1. Select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
    2. Click the Financial Institution drop-down arrow and select the financial institution.
    3. Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
    4. In the Account dropdown at the top of the dialog, select an account that is associated with the affected financial institution. 
    5. Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the Refresh Options and click Refresh.
    6. Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    7. Attempt your online session again.
    After this process has been completed, are you able to update as expected or does the trouble persist?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited August 8
    @Quicken_Tyka,
    I did it twice. No transactions on the checking account from the Mini-OSU. However, each time I performed the Financial Institution Branding and Profile refresh, it opened my banks online login in Firefox (my default browser).

The OFX log shows that all of the different accounts downloaded during the Mini-OSU, except the troublesome checking account. (I may have been incorrect before, confusing two other checking accounts in the OFX Log for this one that isn't working. There are a total of three at the same FI, and they are linked to this one account at the FI.)

Also in the OFX Log, I'm seeing this as a RECV for each SEND of CCAddAccountsRequest on this checking account:

Unknown: Request ID 1307124532 for BID 63 (Keesler Federal Credit Union)

<!--
    -->
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <cc:CCWSResponse xmlns:cc="http://www.intuit.com/CustomerCentral">
      <status>
        <code>request.xml.validation</code>
        <string>XML error while parsing the XML request document</string>
        <detail>
          <correlation>848de911-077e-44e9-bfbe-3701d953a100</correlation>
        </detail>
      </status>
      <body/>
    </cc:CCWSResponse>
    edited August 10
    Hello @TXShooter

Thank you for the response, and for providing a portion of the logs, although I apologize for the delay in the response.

The error Request.Xml.Validation, this may also appear as a CC-501 error, will need to be escalated by support directly. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support will need to review the logs to confirm the error and complete the escalation.

Please let me know how it goes with support!

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
    So, Tyka, can offer any insights into my original post that started this discussion which now seems to be diverging into other issues? The link you provided to info on Express Web Connect did not help.

Thanks,

Bill...
  • flagholderflagholder Member ✭✭
    r.28.10 27.1.28.10 one step update does not work correctly. Only updates a few accounts....skips all others. Requires doing a 2nd one step update and it then picks up all accounts, (usually) and updates them. Had to run it 3 times today to make it work.
    edited August 11
    Tyka, One Step Update behavior is still exactly the same as in my August 8 entry. In my case it does not appear to be related to Direct Connect vs. Express Web Connect as two Citi cards are both Express Web Connect, yet only one updates on the first try.
    Additional info, if it might help:
    Windows 10
    Ver: R28.10
    Channel: FDS
  • steebadeebsteebadeeb Member ✭✭
    Same problem here. Updates 5 of 7 banks on first try, all on second try. Many thanks for sending yet another flawed update for Quicken 28.10
  • Dennis@1[email protected] Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. Second times a charm. Here's the error I'm getting on the first try:

[email protected]:
    Interesting that you're getting an error. My update summary shows no errors and the skipped accounts are not shown. This new alert may address your issue.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7879316/new-8-11-20-ewc-connected-accounts-returning-an-ol-1-b-error#latest
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12
    Hi @canoe32 ,

Verify that you have Transactions available to be downloaded, by logging into the Account using your Browser.

Next Open Quicken and click One Step Update again and enter Password and click Settings. Learn what is checked or not checked and click Update Now.

[removed, please do not share these steps or advise Users to change connection channels]
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R28.24 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20215.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19041.508

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

@thecreator ,

Thanks for the help.
    I tried something different today. Started Quicken, unlocked the password vault before the first OSU, checked update settings, and all accounts were checked. Clicked Update Now and the three failing accounts remained grayed out with a status of "Waiting...". Update summary showed only the four successful accounts and no errors. Went to Update Settings again and all accounts were checked, clicked Update Now and all seven accounts updated successfully.
     I am currently on the FDS channel, but am hesitant to switch after seeing this note from Quicken Sarah in another EWC discussion:

**PLEASE NOTE: The button to change connection channel is not recommended for use in general troubleshooting and should only be used when or if instructed by Quicken Support.

I will try changing the problematic accounts from EWC to DC before changing the connection channel, as I don't know if that might cause another problem.
  • Camelot_OneCamelot_One Member ✭✭
    I updated last week, and this problem started for me as well. About shows Quicken 2020 R28.10 build 27.1.28.10

The first time I run One Step Update after opening Quicken, all of my accounts are listed in the update window with "Waiting". It successfully updates these accounts:
    A+ Federal Credit Union
    American Express
    Fifth Third Bank
    USAA Federal Savings Bank

There are no errors, the rest of the accounts just aren't in the summary list at all. It also shows Quicken Cloud sync successful, though it syncs absolutely nothing

The second time I run One Step Update, the summary shows successful on:
    A+ Federal Credit Union
    Amazon Store Card (Synchrony Bank)
    American Express
    Bank of America (credit card)
    BMO Harris
    Capital One Bank
    Chase (credit card)
    Citi Cards
    Fifth Third Bank
    Huntington National Bank
    Indiana Members CU
    Paypal
    USAA Federal Savings Bank
    Wells Fargo Bank

Again says Quicken Cloud sync successful, though still it syncs absolutely nothing. I have to click Mobile & Web - Cloud Sync twice to get it to sync. The first time it pops up a window that quickly finishes without doing anything. The second time I can see it progress through each of the 4 accounts I have it set to sync with the cloud.

Both 2-attempts-required update issues are present every time I close and re-open Quicken. And it is the same accounts each time.

I guess we just need to rename it "Two Step Update".
  • chedgecochedgeco Member ✭✭
    I updated last week, and this problem started for me as well. About shows Quicken 2020 R28.10 build 27.1.28.10

The first time I run One Step Update after opening Quicken, all of my accounts are listed in the update window with "Waiting". It successfully updates these accounts:
    Best Buy Credit Card
    Charles Schwab & Co., Inc
    Fidelity Net Benefits
    T. Rowe Price Retirement Plans

The second time I run One Step Update, the summary shows successful on:
    Best Buy Credit Card
    Capital One Card Services
    Charles Schwab & Co., Inc
    Dell Preferred Account
    Discover Card
    Fidelity Net Benefits
    Patelco Credit Union-WC
    T. Rowe Price Retirement Plans
    U.S. Bank Internet Banking

I am not using Cloud Sync
    I am seeing the exact same thing as the OP:
    Quicken - Deluxe
    Year: 2020
    Version: R28.10

Windows 10 Pro

After recently updating to this version, One Step Update doesn't download from all financial institutions. But if you do a second One Step Update, then Quicken does download from all financial institutions.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

Run Quicken.
    The summary will show that only some financial institutions were downloaded from.
    The summary will show that all financial institutions were downloaded from.
    It seems a lot of us are having the exact same problem as the original post since version R28.10. It would be nice to know if someone at Quicken is looking into this, or at least acknowledge there may be a problem with the One Step Update.
  • Seeing the same problem same symptoms. On the first pass One Step Update skips over the second of our two accounts at Digital Federal Credit Union (DCU) and just shows it greyed out Waiting, then if I re-do the update it picks it up. This is a NEW PROBLEM with the latest update. It's irritating.
  • Also, FWIW, my connection channel is FDS. Have never changed it. Problem is very reproducible.
  • LaserjockLaserjock Member
    Having similar problems as many above with having only some financial institutions updating. I get a OL--1-B error code on those that don't update. I found the following string about this where they are working on a solution and have a test program to download if you want to see if it solves your problem.

Try the following Thread:

Error OL--1-B on all Credit cards

From this thread go to August 11:
    Hi Again All,

I've received a test build that includes a fix for the persistent OL-1-B errors.

If you are interested in testing this fix, please download and install the test build from here (https://bit.ly/3gOs7OJ).

Once installed, please perform another One Step Update and let us know how it goes and if the error persists.

Once testing has been completed, the production build R28.10 may be reinstalled following the steps available here (https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it).

Thank you,

Sarah
    This appears to be fixed in the latest update:
    Version: R28.16
    Build: 27.1.28.16