How do I "review" transactions per red flag on my Loan?

There's a red flag on one of my accounts that says I have transactions to review. I click it and it takes me to the loan details page. I have clicked around all over and cannot find the Register. This is disconcerting as I like to check principal/interest values, and sometimes make an additional payment. Looking here in other threads it maybe that Quicken decided I shouldn't see the register because it is an online account. If that's the case, how do I express my disappointment to them? That's just stupid. So now I have to just stare at this red flag all the time, or do some gyrations to auto-apply in this loan but not on any other accounts, or convert it to manual entries only (which I've done in the past and P+I rarely match what the bank says). Quicken, please let me see the register so I can "approve" transactions, and make manual entries (as a non-profit, we've had people make a random loan payment from time to time).

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @Patrick Larkin,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to share your feedback and experience regarding this, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience incurred.

You may consider creating an Idea post requesting that the ability to have a register in a loan account when it's linked to the financial institution for Online Services be added to Quicken.

Our developer's review Idea posts to get an idea of what people would like Quicken to offer.

More information and steps to do so are available here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTOH, ...

For whatever it's worth ... I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage account for downloading.  (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here)

An online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

• Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
      you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not a Category.
    • Users of Quicken 2017 and older:
      If you want to have full control over both the loan account register and the payment transactions you need to set up your loan account as a "manual loan account" and use the Scheduled Reminder created by the setup process to record your payment transaction on or before the due date.
      If you have already established a connected loan account and are having problems with it please take a look at this:
      How to convert back to a manual loan
      https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7164936/faq-how-do-i-convert-a-loan-account-that-automatically-downloads-transactions-to-a-manual-entry-sc

This discussion has been closed.