Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Error OL--1-B on all Credit cards

Phil H.Phil H. Member ✭✭
After installation of Quicken Update 28.10, the OSU will return an error of OL--1-B on all credit cards. I can do each one separately and it works fine. I can also do an "Update Again" within the OSU and the OSU will work with no errors. Each subsequent OSU will work fine until I exit from Quicken, re-enter and try an OSU.

Comments

• Rob82Rob82 Member
    I have 2 separate quicken files I manage. The file I normally use works fine, however my second file I am seeing the same as described above. Definitely seems to be a new issue with version 28.10.
  • DCThunderDCThunder Member
    Same problem here.
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 13
    It appears there might be some sort of connection issue with R28.10.  I've been seeing the same issue...sometimes getting OL--1-B and sometimes getting no error code but OSU does not complete.  Doing Update Now (individual account update...Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update now) usually works for me.  Others are also reporting similar issues.
    Are you seeing these errors only with EWC connections or with DC connections?  (Which connection method is used with each account can be seen in Account List.)
    [Removed Steps]
    (QW Premier Subscription: R29.22 on Windows 10)
  • RBRB Member ✭✭
    edited August 13
    I do scheduled updates every morning. This week I started getting OL-1-B Error on Enhanced Web Connection Accounts while the Direct Connectons download were fine. Updating Quicken with One Step Update with Quicken open updates fine. Scheduling update so that it immediately does the update results in OL-1-B errors for the Enhanced Web Connection Accounts. I am currently on the "FDS" channel [Removed Steps]
    Version 28.10 Build 27.1.28.10 Quicken WIndows. WIndows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.959)
  • John RockeJohn Rocke Member ✭✭
    Same problem here
  • raymorr2raymorr2 Member ✭✭
    Same here, only also affecting bank accounts. All are either EWC or EWC+. Version 28.10 Build 27.1.28.10 Quicken WIndows. Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.959. Using FDS. I backed up my file, tried switching to EWS. It gave me duplicate account listingsfor some accounts, with incorrect dollar totals (from older dates) and no transactions showing. These totals were included in the totals, artificially increasing my grand total. I switched back to FDS and restored my file. Individual account updates work fine.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited August 8
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

If you haven't done so already, please try Financial Institution Branding and Profile.
    1. Select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
    2. Click the Financial Institution drop-down arrow and select the financial institution.
    3. Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
    4. In the Account dropdown at the top of the dialog, select an account that is associated with the affected financial institution. 
    5. Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the Refresh Options and click Refresh.
    6. Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    7. Attempt your online session again.
    After this process has been completed, do you still see the OL-1-B error?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • RBRB Member ✭✭
    Hello Tyka:
    I tried your suggestion. Short answer it didn't help.

The account updated fine when I immediately did one step update after following your suggestion. However, when I scheduled the update for the current time and then closed quicken, it performed a scheduled update with OL-1-B errors for all accounts except those that are direct connect. Clicking on Update again it then performs a one step update the ends with no errors.

To summarize: your suggestion did NOT help in my case. I till get OL-1-B error for all Non-Direct Connection Accounts when performing a scheduled update but not when performing a one-step update with Quicken open.

Quicken WIndows.
    Version 28.10 Build 27.1.28.10
    WIndows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.959)
    Yesterday I refreshed all the affected financial institutions branding and profile as directed above. It worked well for the rest of the day. Next day, today, starting fresh, same OL-1-B errors as before. One step update finished in about 2 minutes with these errors. Each one takes about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes to update individually. After doing each one individually, I ran osu again to test it. It took just under 3 minutes (which would be great if it actually has no errors), and ran fine. (Obviously none of the data changed in the short time between the updates.) Please note that unlike RB posted above, I am manually doing osu, not a scheduled update. See my earlier comments for Q and Windows versions.
    edited August 10
    I updated the FI Branding & Profiles yesterday evening.  This morning I ran OSU two times:  The first time 3 out of 4 EWC accounts returned OL--1-B errors.  The second time OSU completed successfully for all 4 accounts.
    The pattern of this issue appears to be pretty consistent:
    • Affects EWC accounts, not DC accounts.  (For me, it consistently affects Wells Fargo and Paypal accounts.  It does not affect my Bremer Bank account.)
    • Affects FDS channel, not QCS channel.  (At least I don't recall seeing anyone posting that they have QCS and are seeing this issue. Also, there are other errors with QCS OSU in my two other data files with EWS accounts but not this specific OL--B-1 error code.)
    • Affects those who have updated to R28.10 (at least I don't recall seeing anyone in this and in a couple of other threads about this same issue saying they are using an earlier revision and also experiencing this same issue).
    • The first time after opening the data file and running OSU at least some of the EWC accounts consistently return this OL--1-B error code.
    • Successive OSUs (or Update Now) during the same session consistently update all accounts properly.
    • The fact that successive OSUs do complete successfully is a pretty good indication that this is not an issue related to outdated FI Branding & Profiles.
    For those considering switching their channel from FDS to QCS because of this issue:  I do not recommend it at this time.  QCS has OSU issues that are much more significant and impactful than this FDS issue.  Wait until after the QCS issues are resolved.
  • Marvin GardensMarvin Gardens Member ✭✭
    I don’t know if it’s a coincidence, but since I upgraded Quicken to R28.10, Build 27.1.28.10 I have been getting error OL—1-B when I run an OSU for my Bank Of America accounts. Updates to other financial institutions work OK.

Sometimes if I click Update Again, it works. But sometimes it doesn’t. Yesterday I deactivated then reactivated online services and it worked. Today it failed again, I had to run the update 3 times before it completed.

Any ideas?

(Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit)
    edited August 13
    @Marvin Gardens - Would you please provide a few more details?
    • What connection methods do you have set up for your accounts, specifically for your BofA accounts but also for your other accounts?  EWC or DC?  (This information can be quickly obtained from the Account List in the Transaction Download column.)
    • [Removed Steps]
  • Marvin GardensMarvin Gardens Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. Channel is FDS. The connection method for BoA is EWS. All my other accounts use DC. BTW when I display the connection method there is a message that says my Financial Institution supports a better connection method. I have tried to set that up but apparently it is not available. From what I have learned, a few years ago (before I opened my accounts) BoA stopped offering DC for new customers. I suspect that’s why I can’t use Quicken to send online payments from my BoA checking account.

I called BoA. The very nice person who answered the phone had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. She suggested I call Intuit. When I explained that Intuit no longer owns Quicken, she offered to transfer me to their Web team. While on hold I got cut off.

In case anyone is wondering why I stick with BoA. I am a software developer and had a contract with Merrill Lynch, which is owned by BoA. In order to keep my job, I had to close my eTrade account and move my investment portfolio to ML. To qualify for free trades, I had to open a checking and savings account with BoA. So if I close my BoA accounts, I will have to close my ML account, which I really like. (It uses DC)

If it was just the BoA checking account I really wouldn’t care, since I never use it. But I also have a Mastercard that I use a lot. The inability to download those transactions is a problem.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this error message, although I'm sorry to hear that errors persist and that updating the branding and profile information failed to resolve the error.

Our Teams are investigating this error message and are working to create a solution that they hope to include in an upcoming future release.

As soon as we receive an update and/or resolution to the open investigation, we will be back to share.

Thank you,

Sarah
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this error message, although I'm sorry to hear that errors persist and that updating the branding and profile information failed to resolve the error.

Our Teams are investigating this error message and are working to create a solution that they hope to include in an upcoming future release.

As soon as we receive an update and/or resolution to the open investigation, we will be back to share.

Thank you,

Sarah
    As a follow-up, as confirmed by Boatnmaniac in the quoted text below, our Development Teams have asked that Users do not attempt to change the connection channel to troubleshoot this error as that may not resolve the error for all Users and could potentially cause connection issues down the road.

For those considering switching their channel from FDS to QCS because of this issue:  I do not recommend it at this time.  QCS has OSU issues that are much more significant and impactful than this FDS issue.  Wait until after the QCS issues are resolved.
    Thank you again,

Sarah
    Hi Again All,

I've received a test build that includes a fix for the persistent OL-1-B errors.

If you are interested in testing this fix, please download and install the test build from here.

Once installed, please perform another One Step Update and let us know how it goes and if the error persists.

Once testing has been completed, the production build R28.10 may be reinstalled following the steps available here.

Thank you,

Sarah
    edited August 11
    @Quicken Sarah - I installed the test build and ran OSU on 4 data files.  No OL-1-B error codes (in fact, no error codes of any kind) were received.  That is the 1st time that's happened for me since this OL-1-B error code issue started. 
    I'll run OSU, again, in the morning to see if this result is repeatable and report back here.
  • Rick RobertshawRick Robertshaw Member ✭✭
    Tyka, worked for me, thanks
    @Quicken Sarah - I installed the test build and ran OSU on 4 data files.  No OL-1-B error codes (in fact, no error codes of any kind) were received.  That is the 1st time that's happened for me since this OL-1-B error code issue started. 
    I'll run OSU, again, in the morning to see if this result is repeatable and report back here.
    Awesome!  I'm glad to hear it and thank you for posting back with the update.

Let us know how it goes with todays OSU :) 

Sarah
    edited August 12
    Awesome!  I'm glad to hear it and thank you for posting back with the update.

Let us know how it goes with todays OSU :) 

Sarah
    OSU results on my 4 data files this morning:
    • No OL-1-B errors.  Yay!
    • Austin Telco Federal Credit Union:  There have been occasional OSU issues over the last 3 weeks returning various error codes, most commonly CC-502, CC-511 and CC-899.  Run Update Now and the account either updates properly or changes to a different error code.  Usually it self-resolves within 24 hrs.  This morning it returned CC-502 and after Update Now it then changed to CC-899.  Running Update Now a 2nd time and the account was successfully updated.  I know this is probably a totally unrelated issue but I thought I mention it here because this is the first time it's happened in about a week and this was the 2nd day of updating accounts with the test build.
    • Kohl's:  An ongoing problem since last winter is that every time I'd run OSU I would be prompted to enter a MFA code.  Since installing this test build there have been no MFA code prompts (yay!).  It's probably just a timing coincidence but I thought I mention this, too.
    So far, based upon Rick Robertshaw 's and my OSU results, the test build fix seems to be working as intended.  It would be great if a few others would test this fix and report back here so there can be higher confidence in the fix.
  • Dennis@1[email protected] Member ✭✭✭✭
    This seems to be working for me also. No OL-1-B as of yet. I'll try again tomorrow.
    Seems to work for me as well. Will try again tomorrow.
    edited August 13
    My Updates:
    1. Ran OSU on 4 data files again last night:  No error codes and all accounts appear to have updated properly.
    2. Ran OSU on 3 data files again this morning. No OL--1-B errors.  This makes it 15 OSUs with the test build in total for me.  That's at least 18 positive results in total when including what Rick Robertshaw , @[email protected] and @raymorr2 reported.
    3. Quicken rolled out a hotfix revision update (R28.16) this morning to a limited number of users with this test build fix for OL--1-B errors (along with some other fixes) included in it.  I installed and ran one OSU with it...no OL--1-B error codes. 
    Regarding R28.16:  Quicken usually does limited roll outs of new revisions to get feedback on how well it works and/or to identify any issues with it before rolling it out to everyone.  If anyone here was notified of it and installed it, then please report back the results here.  If you haven't received it, assuming there are no significant issues identified with it, you can expect to be able to update to it soon.
    Hello All,

The fix for the persistent OL-1-B errors has been included with the R28.16 hot fix release, now currently in staged release.

If you do not receive a prompt to install this update and do not wish to wait until the release is made available to all Users, please download the Mondo Patch available here.

We appreciate everyone taking the time to report this behavior and a big thank you to all of those who worked with us to find and create a solution!

Sarah
    Prior to installing R28.16 osu worked okay at first. Yesterday I received OL-294-A errors from Discover Bank and Wealthscape Investor. I was unable to update these accounts from within Quicken, even individually. I updated to R28.16, and am still receiving these two errors, also now got the same error with Discover Card. All of these can be accessed directly from their websites without error, but cannot be updated from within Quicken whether from osu or individual account updates. Don't know if this is somehow related, or is a new issue.
  • LaserjockLaserjock Member
    Just installed R28.16 update on my pc and my OSU ran fine with all institutions updating error free. Interesting note is that Discover Card (one of my institutions giving the O--1-B error) while starting first during the update, was the last to finish, but it did update successfully.
    edited August 16
    raymorr2 said:
    Prior to installing R28.16 osu worked okay at first. Yesterday I received OL-294-A errors from Discover Bank and Wealthscape Investor. I was unable to update these accounts from within Quicken, even individually. I updated to R28.16, and am still receiving these two errors, also now got the same error with Discover Card. All of these can be accessed directly from their websites without error, but cannot be updated from within Quicken whether from osu or individual account updates. Don't know if this is somehow related, or is a new issue.
    I don't think the OL-294-A errors were related to R28.16.  I think there was something else going on until late afternoon on 8/14.  During that time I had a lot of issues...repeated requests for reentry of my Quicken ID, error messages that online services were not available, some accounts simply not updating and OL-294-A errors for a couple of my DC accounts.  I saw others posting similar encounters yesterday.  At about 5 p.m. yesterday all these issues went away...including the OL-294-A errors.  I also ran OSU, again, this morning with no errors encountered.
    If you haven't tried running OSU since your last post, you might want to try doing so now.  Let us know if you are still getting any errors.
    BTW, Quicken accesses our FIs differently than how we log into our online accounts.  So being able to log into our online account does not necessarily mean that Quicken should also be able to log in.  On the other hand, if the FI website is down it is a pretty good indication that it is down for Quicken, too.
    OSU ran fine today - no errors. Thanks.
  • RBRB Member ✭✭
    Sarah:
    Never received prompt to install update. Clicked on your link above and downloaded QW27.1.28.16MPatch.EXE. Ran as administrator and allowed to make changes. Started Quicken and version is still 28.10 when access from about quicken.
    @RB - If Quicken is still showing R28.10 then your update to R28.16 for some reason failed.  Please try installing that file, again.
This discussion has been closed.