Trouble resetting mobile/web data and synching

I reset the data for mobile/web on QWIN. I now get a lot of older transactions when I sync with my mobile devices. I thought when I reset the data on QWIN, it was supposed to take only the data that was current in the QWIN data file. What do I need to do to get rid of the older transactions and not have them keep showing up.

Best Answer

Answers

• mstrom917
    mstrom917 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. I ended up deleting the app from my mobile device and reinstalling it. That seems to have taken care of the problem.
  • mstrom917
    mstrom917 Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately I was mistaken. That did not take care of the problem. I'm using R28.1 Version 27.1.28.10. The older transactions only show up on the mobile devices even after synching the transactions only show up on the mobile device. I'm at a loss. I've tried deleting the app from the mobile device. I've tried super validating the file. I've reset the mobile data many times. I still end up with the older transactions on my mobile device, which in turn gives me the wrong balance on my mobile device.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mstrom917

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that the trouble continues to persist.

If there are transactions that you do not recognize or are older than you you were expecting to see on the Mobile App, there may be a few causes.

Can please confirm that the issue is not from one of the following scenarios?

Are you using the same Quicken ID?
    First, verify that you are signed into the correct Quicken ID. The Quicken ID you sign into on the Mobile App needs to be the same one you use in Quicken on your computer. To verify the Quicken ID in Quicken on your computer, go to Edit > Preferences then Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts. On the Mobile App, sign out (located in Settings) then sign back in using the same Quicken ID you just confirmed you're using on your computer.

Are you viewing the correct data file?
    After signing into the Mobile App, you will be given a list of data files associated with your Quicken ID. Here you can select which data file from Quicken on your computer you want to view on the Mobile App. If you are missing transactions on the Mobile App, make certain you are viewing the same data file you have open on your computer. 

Please let me know what you find!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • mstrom917
    mstrom917 Member ✭✭
    I can confirm that this is not a Quicken ID or data file issue as I only have one of each.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mstrom917

Thank you for the response and for confirming that this is the correct file.

I would next recommend saving a backup and then restoring that same backup.

This is located under File Backup and Restore > Backup Quicken File... 

This process will create a file with the same information and rebuild the cloud data.

Be sure to select "Yes" to using mobile to enable syncing to the cloud.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.