Test Message from App

Hi! This morning I woke up to an iPhone notification from the Quicken app saying “test message $240.”
[Removed-Disruptive] is it an app error? I didn’t see anything in the app upon clicking on the notification.

Best Answer

Answers

• petesavet
    petesavet Member
    Exact same thing here too. Any thoughts? Anyone?
  • sgcrum
    sgcrum Member
    Received the same message as did my husband. Please advise.
  • pupdawg
    pupdawg Member
    Same thing here, someone please respond.
  • lrhoads7
    lrhoads7 Member
    Yes, same here - we need at least an interim response ...
  • chasesc61
    chasesc61 Member ✭✭
    Same Here
  • Ditto. Would be great to know what happened.
  • jcarbonneau
    jcarbonneau Member
    edited August 2020
    Same as well. [Removed-Disruptive]
  • Same.
  • Same here
  • tcurnow
    tcurnow Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I had same exact thing and I just spoke with Quicken and they consulted with each other and believe it was just a true test. I was livid as it caused me a lot of grief. I woke to it on my phone, swiped like an idiot and when i saw nothing i realized i may have been hacked so i tried to change my password only to find out there was no easy way to do that from my iphone. in hindsight i should have logged out and just done a forgot password but instead i booted up my computer and did the password change there. which meant then updating my password manager and generating a new one. Then i found you guys here thankfully since there is NOTHING about this anywhere else. [Removed-Disruptive] whether they will change who knows. :/
  • diaden2
    diaden2 Member
    same here
  • maxyang
    maxyang Member
    Yes, can someone from Quicken respond? This is very troublesome
    69377 Member
    Me too.
  • jmeander312
    jmeander312 Member ✭✭
    Same. While I currently have the mobile app installed on my Android phone, I do not have sync enabled at this time. Hadn't even opened the app in weeks. When I did this morning, it prompted me to load the desktop app to enable sync. Not happening, ha.

I chatted with customer service, the agent only said they're aware and to check back in a "few hours."
  • Dan Clarke
    Dan Clarke Member ✭✭
    I received a "test message" notification from the Quicken app overnight ...anyone else see this? Is it really a test ?
  • bbrake64
    bbrake64 Member ✭✭
    I also received that alert
  • Larry4
    Larry4 Member ✭✭✭
    same here and it is very disturbing
  • hozer1967
    hozer1967 Member
    Same here.
  • dir@
    dir@ Member
    edited August 2020
    chatted with customer support.
    We got a confirmation that it was indeed the development team that was doing some testing at that time

There should be an explanation about this posted shortly
    you can follow this community post as well
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7879408/test-message-from-app

[Removed-Rant/Disruptive]
  • sbartnikowski
    sbartnikowski Member
    edited August 2020
    Got the same message. Immediately changed my password. [Removed-Disruptive]
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    [Removed-Inaccurate]

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• joecg
    joecg Member ✭✭✭
    Came here this morning for the same reason. I need to see some official notice, root cause and remediation commitment. This is concerning to say the least.
  • joecg
    joecg Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    It came by way of Quicken app notification push. [Removed-Speculation/Disruptive]
  • tcurnow
    tcurnow Member ✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka obviously next time we should be given an email heads up for these texts as you can see it caused a lot of worry for nothing.
  • joecg
    joecg Member ✭✭✭
    Excuse me. A post of mine was edited? Speculation is inappropriate? Don't recall my exact message, but can't imagine anything I posted was remotely "disruptive." This action and characterization are not appreciated. Hear your customers, or risk losing them. The spirit of this message should be embraced.
  • andrewben
    andrewben Member
    I believe these notifications can be disabled. Looks like they only apply to the Quicken credit card. Which I doubt many of us have.

On Android, start the app.
    Tap the menu upper left
    Tap Manage alerts
    Tap the green radio button for Push Notification. It should go grey.
    Tap back
    Tap X to exit settings and go back to the app screen.

This ought to stop future test notifications. But if you have the Quicken Card, you might want this enabled to see charges come through.

Hope that helps someone. It was very confusing when I saw this notification. Obviously, my second thought was that the Quicken test team accidentally sent a test message to production and it went to all of us. That ought to be fixed to prevent test messages crossing into production systems.
  • tcurnow
    tcurnow Member ✭✭
    @andrewben quicken has since sent an official email explaining. It had nothing to do with card. I don’t have a card. This is a closed issue now. Anyone effected was emailed the explanation. Unfortunate but understandable and hopefully they won’t do it again.
  • joecg
    joecg Member ✭✭✭
    > @tcurnow said:
    > Anyone effected was emailed the explanation.

Double checked. No email received. Could someone copy/paste it here?
This discussion has been closed.