Downloaded transactions not matching manually entered

Options
I have an ongoing issue that is really annoying with Quicken Deluxe on Windows, Version R28.16. I own multiple checking/savings accounts with Discover. When I download transactions from Discover, there are significant issues with the matching function within Quicken. It mismatches transactions with incorrect ones and downloaded the same transaction multiple times over multiple days. Part of the problem seems to be that Discover changes the download ID for whatever annoying reason. Is there any way to stop Quicken from using the download ID and simply use date, amount and possibly payee? This is a really annoying problem that results in a lot of extra work to match manually, create new, or delete previously matched transactions entirely.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are these accounts setup for Direct Connect or Express Web Connect download method?  (Look on Account List (Tools menu))
    If EWC, you need to change to Direct Connect.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• rbasting
    rbasting Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @splasher said:
    > Are these accounts setup for Direct Connect or Express Web Connect download method? 

They are all set up as Direct Connect. I just don't understand why Discover continually changes the Download ID
  • rbasting
    rbasting Member ✭✭
    Options
    Actually, I also have a Discover credit card that is set up as EWC and I don't have these issues with the credit card downloads
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would suggest changing the credit card to DC.  To do so, you need to pick Discover Card  for the financial institution rather than Discover Card Account Center.
    The only time I have seen duplicates from Discover (card and/or bank) is when they changed the Posting Date on transactions which Q presented as "matches".
    I would expect different FITIDs if they were EWC and you had de-/re-activated the accounts for downloading, but it doesn't make sense with Direct Connect.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.