Download Stock Quotes Not Working - Canadian version

eddy870499
eddy870499 Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in Investing (Windows)
There was a recent ticket about the stock quotes not downloading. The ticket was closed.

However, I am still having issues with at least one stock (symbol RBF209) where it is not downloading quotes. Today Aug 14 the online quote is 13.2369 but in Quicken the quote reported is 12.946366. I processed the download at 6:30PM Mountain so it should reflect end of day quotes.

I am using Quicken Home & Business 2020 Version R25.24 ... Build 27.1.25.24

Please advise.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Did you enter the 12.946366 price manually, or is that price the most recent entry in the price history for RBF209?

As of 11PM EDT Quicken US is downloading 13.2598 as the 8/14 price for RBF209. Quicken Canada uses a different quote provider  think.

13.2369 is the Q-US price downloaded for 8/13.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
  • eddy870499
    eddy870499 Member ✭✭
    To answer questions from Jim_Harman:

1) I did not enter the 12.946366 price manually. My process is to go to "Investing" tab, and click on the "Update" tab ... which should update for all stocks.
    2) I would be happy with the downloaded price of 13.2598 as that is very close to the price shown on the RBC website of 13.2639.
    3) If Quicken is downloading 13.2598 for you ... why not for me?

To answer questions from ps56k:
    4) RBF209 is for a Canadian Stock or Mutual Fund. I believe it's on the TSX but I'm not sure.
    5) RBF209 (Select Very Conservative) is an offering by the Royal Bank of Canada (aka RBC).
    6) I have correspondence from RBC where they confirmed that RBF209 is the correct symbol.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @eddy870499

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

When adding RFB209 I am also seeing the correct price and haven't been able to recreate what you are seeing.

Have you tried selecting "More" and "Download Historical Prices" to see if this corrects the incorrect price?

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @eddy870499,

Are you running the US or Canadian version of Quicken? The version you report above 25.24 would indicate it is the Canadian version, which I think uses a different quote feed than the US version.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • eddy870499
    eddy870499 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your responses.

To answer Quicken_Tyka: I have run the "Download Historical Quotes". Did not solve the problem. I've included a pic of historical prices that I'm seeing ... quite a bit different than what you've included. No Quotes after June 30 2020.

To answer Jim_Harman: I am running the Canadian version. See the pic attached.
  • Hello @eddy870499

Thank you for providing this additional information, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

If you are still experiencing this issue, I suggest contacting Support directly for more advanced assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Support has the ability to engage in a screen sharing session with you, and can best help in identifying a solution.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• bigby65@
    bigby65@ Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I'm having a similar problem, only with Quicken US. I have not seen updated investment quotes for anything except the Index quotes (Dow Jones, S&P 500, etc.) since 8/18/2020.

However, the quotes are updating on "Investing.Quicken.com".
  • garry.robbins
    garry.robbins Member ✭✭
    I've temporarily shelved my spreadsheets and GnuCash tools and giving Quicken a trial.
    Generally going well, but when I update the securities, many Canadian mutual funds do not get updated. After an OneUpdate, the log reports at the end "19 of 36 quotes... have been updated". Coincidentally, I have 17 mutual funds not updating (36 minus 19). They are all marked to update quotes. They are all valid Canadian mutual funds.
    I don't know what to do now. I've invested many hours moving all transactions over to Quicken, I don't want to waste that time, but I'm not seeing a truly seamless tool here.
    Suggestions?

Windows 10 Quicken 25.24.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bigby65@

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report your issue although I apologize that you are having trouble updating quotes.

We have escalated this behavior with our service providers. Please follow the ongoing discussion available here to be notified of any changes or updates.

Thank you.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • kbarwig
    kbarwig Member
    I am also not able to download stock quotes at all. My last download was Aug 3 at 5:52 pm. I am using the Canadian version on Windows. I didnt try again after that until a couple of days ago, so now I can not download them anymore at all. I don;t know why. Is this going to be fixed in the scheduled maintenance on AUg 26 2020?
  • garry.robbins
    garry.robbins Member ✭✭
    Based on the extensive history of these types of problems, I've given up on asking Quicken to update the prices, and I'm going back to a procedure where I use a script to collect the prices into a text file, and then I manually import them.
    I know which ones were retrieved, and I know there was an attempt to load then into Quicken, and I can verify the results immediately.
This discussion has been closed.