Wells Fargo Suddenly Not Recognizing Accounts

I have been using Quicken for years with my Wells Fargo accounts. Suddenly I am receiving errors in attempting to download these accounts. The specific notice states: "The specified account number does not correspond to one of the user's accounts." These account numbers have not changed in years and I have not changed any settings in Quicken. Is this a problem on the Quicken side or Wells Fargo? Do I have to go through the hassle of deactivating and reactivating the accounts? Are others reporting the same issue?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @gcb,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

I just have a couple of questions for you to gain clarity.
    1. Are you receiving any specific error code(s) along with the error message?
    2. Which version release of Quicken are you running?
    • Quicken > About Quicken
    Please, provide the information requested above in order for us to better assist you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gcb
    gcb Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the followup.
    1. Yes - The error code reads: "Download Error (2003)"
    2. Quicken Version 5.17.5 (Build 517.34953.100) [Running on MacOS 10.15.6]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Thank you for the additional information.

Being that error code 2003 is a Direct Connect error code. This would indicate that the issue originated on the financial institution's side since using Direct Connect means that you're using the financial institution's servers to connect to Quicken.

Please, review this error-specific support article regarding error 2003 for more detailed information.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• John F. Pollinger
    John F. Pollinger Member ✭✭✭
    I'm now receiving and "unsupported URL message on all three of my Wells Fargo accounts. I tried a troubleshoot by disconnecting all three accounts and tried adding back the connections. Quicken found each of the accounts and when I tried to link them, I still got the error message of an unsupported URL
  • John F. Pollinger
    John F. Pollinger Member ✭✭✭
    Never mind. I fixed it. I stripped out the entire connection process and started from scratch using the search feature for Wells Fargo and started over.
    > @John F. Pollinger said:
    > I'm now receiving and "unsupported URL message on all three of my Wells Fargo accounts. I tried a troubleshoot by disconnecting all three accounts and tried adding back the connections. Quicken found each of the accounts and when I tried to link them, I still got the error message of an unsupported URL
  • gcb
    gcb Member ✭✭
    Following up on my download issue with Wells Fargo - As you suggested I contacted Wells Fargo and they thought that the problem was related to one of our savings accounts being closed recently. They advised deleting that account from the Quicken download list - which I did. That did not fix the problem. Therefore, I then went through full deactivation and reactivation of all of our Wells Fargo accounts. That fixed the download problem. HOWEVER, we just went to pay bills through the Bank Bill Pay process (which we have also used for years) and the same error dialog is coming up (i.e. "The specified account number does not correspond to one of the user's accounts.") Only here the dialog does not contain any error code. I called the Quicken help at Wells Fargo and they have checked their side of the account and say that everything is in order. Based on that and the fact that there is no error code, they say that the problem is on the Quicken side. I have restarted Quicken, restarted the Powerbook, turned off and on bill pay and tried the transaction repeatedly. Where do we go from here?
  • Hello @gcb,

Thank you for providing this additional information, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

You may consider contacting Quicken Support as well, as they have the ability to establish a scene sharing session with you, and may have more insight to offer regarding this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.