Tax Planner 2020 - Allowable medical deductions calculation needs update

Tax Planner is using 10% of AGI to calculate Allowable Medical Deductions. I don't see a way to change to the current rate of 7.5% nor can I fill in the field manually. Any suggestions?

Best Answers

• tlbenning
    tlbenning Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Went looking. Found a Turbotax item that says it will increase to 10% in 2020. IRS not yet caught up in their Publications, I guess! Thanks very much.
  • tlbenning
    tlbenning Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    And then several tax advisors say 7.5% was extended to both 2019 and 2020 tax years. So maybe the IRS is right and Turbotax wrong.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @tlbenning.

The 10% rate is correct for 2019 and all following years.  It was lowered to 7.5% only for '17 and '18.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• tlbenning
    tlbenning Member ✭✭
    My 2019 return shows 7.5% on Schedule A Line 3. What does yours say? IRS Publication 502 says 7.5%. Please provide a link if you have access to newer information.
  • tlbenning
    tlbenning Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Went looking. Found a Turbotax item that says it will increase to 10% in 2020. IRS not yet caught up in their Publications, I guess! Thanks very much.
  • tlbenning
    tlbenning Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    And then several tax advisors say 7.5% was extended to both 2019 and 2020 tax years. So maybe the IRS is right and Turbotax wrong.
This discussion has been closed.