How Can I Stop Being Forced to Categorize Every Online Payment

I don't use Quicken for budgeting. When I send an online payment I'm forced to enter a category. I don't want to do that. Can I turn off that feature?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Setting a category should be optional. If you haven't already, you may want to review the built-in documentation on the subject: press F1

• James Chimera
    James Chimera Member ✭✭✭
    I should have been a little clearer. It's when I am making monthly online payments through my bank  for which I have already setup the online payee in Quicken. Every time I make one of these payments in Quicken in the "write checks" section, I have to enter a category. The category is never saved.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I should have been a little clearer. It's when I am making monthly online payments through my bank  for which I have already setup the online payee in Quicken. Every time I make one of these payments in Quicken in the "write checks" section, I have to enter a category. The category is never saved.
    Still...  Setting a category should be optional. If you haven't already, you may want to review the built-in documentation on the subject: press F1

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find your question ambiguous. Do you want to enter uncategorized transactions or have Quicken remember the category for a specific payee? What the heck, I'll answer both.
    You can turn off the uncategorized transaction warning in Edit > Preferences > Notify.
    You can memorize a transaction so Quicken will remember the category. Right-click the transaction and choose "Memorize payee..." or select the transaction and press Ctrl-M.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.