Multi-select transactions and change category / tag

I could swear that it used to be possible, either from a report or find results or both, to multi-select transactions, right-click, and perform multiple functions on the selected transactions -- like changing the category of the transaction.

Now, when I right-click
1) in find results, nothing happens
2) on multiple transactions in a report -- well I no long *can* multi-select in a report
3) on a single transaction in a report "Recategorize transaction(s)," along with some of the other options, are grayed out and unavailable.

Why?

Quicken Classic Premier (Windows) R52.33

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is still there.
    Just tested in R28.16.
    In a credit card account, I selected a group (range) of transactions, right clicked on one of the highlighted transactions, selected : "Edit transaction(s)", I then got a pop-up for "Find & Replace".

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    May depend on specific report and accounts involved.  Specifically, investment accounts and investment reports may behave differently than regular spending accounts and reports.  
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried the full process available under Edit / Find/Replace?
    That should allow you to Find transactions based on your search criteria. Then you select the transactions from the list which you really want to change, and finally you specify what to do with the selected transactions, e.g., Change Category to "xxx".
    Be careful with this process, though. Create a backup of your data file before you start making changes. An unintentional bad change may be difficult to fix unless you restore from your backup and start over.

This discussion has been closed.