Locked account

Options
Hi All,

Recently, I have been experiencing issues with getting locked out of my BofA account.  I am not certain if Quicken is the culprit or if indeed someone is trying to access my account. 

In the interim, I have deactivated Quicken Sync to prevent access via Quicken Mobile & Web.  I have also deleted an old lingering cloud account.  

With all of this being said, how does Quicken work?  If I have not initiated a Quicken Update via my Mac Book, does the cloud service attempt to access my BofA data? 

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello @J. Holmes,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your inquiry, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these difficulties with Bank of America. 

If you are still needing assistance, would you mind posting back to let us know what version/release of Quicken you're currently using? You can find that under Quicken>About Quicken

Please also take a look at this FAQ for more details regarding the Quicken Cloud and how syncing works, and let us know if it helps to resolve this matter for you.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• J. Holmes
    J. Holmes Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @Quicken_Natalie - Yes, I am still having this issue.  I believe it started about 2 or 3 releases ago.  After being locked out today, that is when I decided to disable Quicken Sync and delete an old lingering data file to determine if this was the issue.  

I do recall when I would utilize the Mobile App, for some reason, it would never remember some of my passwords.  I would always be required to enter the passwords for a few accounts.  

I am using Quicken Deluxe 2020 Version 5.17.5 (Build 517.34953.100) macOS 10.15.6.  I will review the FAQ's.  

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.