Is there a way to always have downloaded payee name instead of Quicken name?

Options
Is there a way to always have the downloaded payee name download into the register instead of the Quicken chosen name? I have set up renaming rules for most of my downloaded transactions and it works well. However, occasionally, the downloaded name selected by Quicken is for multiple businesses, i.e. it says "Willow Street" as the payee name but it is sometimes for Willow Street Gas Station or Willow Street Turkey Hill or Willow Street Restaurant. I can't set up a renaming rule for "Willow Street' as I don't know which "Willow Street" businesses it just downloaded. I have to right click on the name and choose Revert to Downloaded Payee Name in order to figure out which "Willow Street" business it is. Is there a way to always use the Downloaded Payee Name reversion?

Comments

• oldngrmpy1
    oldngrmpy1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What I do for "Costco" and "Costco Gas"... When you set up your Renaming rules, you have to be sure there is as identifier in the "Downloaded Payee" ((You can select to show downloaded payee name in your register) by Selecting the Action (Gear Icon) > Register Columns > Check the Downloaded Payees box.) Set up your Renaming Rule. Example at Costco if I use my Visa CC in the store, the downloaded payee name will show the words: "Costco Whse" so I create a renaming rule by highlighting the words "Costco" AND the word "Whse" in the renaming box for the renaming rule, and Quicken will automatically rename the Payee to "Costco WHSE".  You must also create a new renaming rule for "Costco Gas" by selecting those two words "Costco" and "Gas" from the rename box when with those 2 words the same way. Sow you will have 2 new renaming rules, one for Costco WHSE and Costco Gas. Both those examples will have to be in the downloaded payees in order to do that. Some people may not realize that you can select any or all words in the box that appears when you do  a new renaming rule. So the 2 things to  remember: (1) the Downloaded Payee must include the words on the new Payee you want and you must select them from the box to show what words you want as an identifier when the Payee is created. In order for you to create the rule the words you need for your payee must show in the Downloaded payee name. If this won't work, you can also go to: Preferences> Downloaded Transaction> During Transaction download, and walk through the 3 selections there to try different things to help you acquire what would be helpful for you. Let me know if I can be of any more help if needed. I'm not a superuser but I try to help others when I can. good lock!
  • Jwalt313
    Jwalt313 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. I'll try this workaround
This discussion has been closed.