Account Balance / Net Worth reports really messed up

My Account Balance and Net Worth reports (from the Reports menu) are really messed up. I have 26 accounts with nonzero balances which all report correctly in the main sidebar. When I ask for an Account Balance report, for say the last 12 months by Quarter, all account balances are zero, except for 3, which show identical (incorrect) balances for all 4 quarters. These 3 accounts are stock portfolio accounts which have varied tremendously over the past year. In addition, the above report shows 8 columns with the initial date of 8/17/2019 repeated four times. I have selected All Accounts and they are all listed in the report. This has worked properly many times for me in the past (I've been a Quicken user for 20+ years). Any ideas how this got so screwed up?

Comments

• ajoelk
    ajoelk Member ✭✭
    I am having the exact same problem. I have reset all of the options in the customization tab and nothing fixes the report or graph. It is really messed up. I am running the most current subscription version with all updates.
  • Hello @n98712 & @ajoelk,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these difficulties in Quicken.

If you have not already done so, I suggest performing a Validate and Repair on your Quicken data file, following the steps outlined here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Natalie

• mmherman
    mmherman Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue, and I have validated and repaired and there is not change. I even tried a Super Validation.

One investment account shows a balance (in net worth and account balance reports) that is $190,000 more than the actual balance. This account has been active in Quicken since 1998 so it has a lot of transactions in it.

Another account, which I closed out in November 2019 is showing a negative $184,000 balance in the net worth and account balance reports. That account was open in quicken from 2009 - 2019.

The account balances in the sidebar is showing correct for both accounts. It is only when I pull them into a report that the balances are reporting incorrectly.

I noticed this happened a couple of months ago, after one of the program updates.

How do I correct this issue?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hello @mmherman

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details, although I apologize that you are experiencing this trouble.

The OP mentions that the problem is coming from closed accounts. Are these accounts, you are having trouble with closed or still active?

Do the reports provide any insight as to where this discrepancy is coming from? It may be helpful to provide screenshots of the issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • n98712
    n98712 Member ✭✭
    The issue is not from closed accounts, I have 26 active accounts with nonzero balances and in the net worth / account balance report, 23 of them report a zero balance and the others are incorrect.
  • mmherman
    mmherman Member ✭✭
    I am having an issue with two accounts. Neither are closed, though one of them has a zero balance.

I have reconciled all transactions in both accounts, and all transactions have been marked with an "R" status.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello 

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you are currently experiencing this trouble.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to review and research this issue further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Davidlee
    Davidlee Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem .... I noticed a couple months ago. I've been running these report for over 20 yrs.
    I even have one account that has had a zero balance...because i don't use it...for years and now its is showing negative. But most of the accounts are showing much more than what is in the account. I just got an update recently and thought it might be fixed by now. But same result. I will contact Quicken Support.
  • ajoelk
    ajoelk Member ✭✭
    I performed a validate and repair and that did not fix the issue. I still have the same issue. It is a problem with the Quicken software.
  • Began having the same problem in August 2020. An Active account shows a negative balance of $42 Million plus. A closed account has a negative balance of #$171,000 plus. File goes back to 1990s. Windows Premier. Have Done validate and repair to no avail.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just for clarification..... "the most recent update version" - can mean anything -
    Please report the actual Release number as per.........   
    Help ---> About Quicken

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Davidlee
    Davidlee Member ✭✭
    Im still having the same problem....when will they ever get this issue fixed? After my last comment I called in to Quicken Support but they said that this erroneous net worth reporting was a known issue and they really could not help me at all.
  • Davidlee
    Davidlee Member ✭✭
    its been 2 months since i called Support.....I guess its time to call back.
    I really miss not being able to track the net worth over time. I almost dont want to renew because of it.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Davidlee

Thank you for taking the time to follow-up on the issue, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble.

Please open Quicken navigate to Help > Report a Problem and include "QWIN-14463" in the subject.

Be sure to include the logs as well as a sanitized data file if comfortable.

There is no ETA on when this will be resolved, however, this information will help contribute to the research of this issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.