Debt - "What if", tool (Mac)

Options
Want to repay by a specific date gives a crazy large "extra per payment figure".
Tested by entering extra per payment ($1000), noting the pay off date (June 2026). And it shows $1000 extra per payment, under green box right-side.

Then reset, changed to "want to repay by a specific date".....(June 2026)
$21202.30 extra per payment, under green box.....
????

Changing the date has no effect. Am I doing something wrong? Misunderstanding the function? Or is there an error?

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello @Shaun World,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance, please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

I'd suggest creating a new loan account, entering the loan details, and then attempting to work with the "What If" tool on the new account to determine if the behavior is the same.

Alternatively, you may consider contacting Support directly for more advanced assistance, as they have the ability to engage in a screen sharing session with you, and can best work with you to determine what's going on.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.