Downloaded transactions not keeping the category labels I set

For the past month or so, when I download a transaction from a credit card or bank, Quicken Mac labels the category as “uncategorized.” So I then change the category to what it needs to be and discover later that the category change I made has reverted back to “uncategorized.” This seems to be happening regardless of whether I check the Quickfill rule for that transaction or whether I don’t. Anyone have any thoughts on this? To me it appears to be a bug rather than user error. Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• msrw
    msrw Member ✭✭
    The other point I guess I should mention....when I change the “uncategorized” transaction back to what I had set it at the second time it never reverts again to “uncategorized."
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @msrw

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions to better help me better understand what could be happening.

First, please navigate to Quicken > About Quicken and provide the year and release that you are running.

Next, can you verify where the data file is stored?

This can be located by holding the "Control" key on the keyboard and clicking the file name along the top in Quicken.

In this path, do you see any mention of Dropbox or iCloud?

If the active file is stored in a cloud drive, this can cause the behavior that you have described.

Please let me know so we can get to the bottom of this!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • msrw
    msrw Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka,

Version 5.17.5 (Build 517.34953.100).

The file is stored on iCloud.

Is there a solution to this? I’ve been storing my quicken file in a cloud account for a few years and the category reverting back to uncategorized appears to be something new.

Thanks,

msrw
This discussion has been closed.