IOS app crashes after update

My quicken app for IOS updated yesterday and now it crashes when I try to run it. I have uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled the software twice but the issue will not go away.

Best Answers

Answers

• papatom
    papatom Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Ask for login info, push "next" and it crashes.
  • papatom
    papatom Member ✭✭
    Since adding “Face ID” it now opens, does Face ID, then immediately crashes.
  • Yup, I've tried it with and without face ID same issue. My iPad uses fingerprint and it works fine.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @DDesrosiers & @papatom,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and share your feedback regarding this issue, although I apologize that you're experiencing crashes with the Quicken Mobile App.

At this time, I would suggest reporting the problem from the Mobile App directly by navigating to the menu in the upper left and selecting "Feedback". This will provide our Teams with the necessary data to begin investigating.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• We can’t report from the mobile app because it crashes upon trying to open it.
  • Hello @thedentman03,

Thank you for the additional information!

In that case, you can report the problem from the Quicken desktop program directly by navigating to Help>Report a problem.

Please be sure to leave all boxes checked, as well as include a description of the issue that's occurring.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Exactly, the app crashes before It finishes logging in.
  • Salvador
    Salvador Member ✭✭
    It is continuously crashing in both devices since signing in
  • wlhoops
    wlhoops Member
    Mine is crashing also
  • Carl1952
    Carl1952 Member
    I punch icon and Quicken won’t open long enough to attempt a log in, anyone else?
  • jeffandf
    jeffandf Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem, including after deleting and reinstalling the app and also after clearing the storage cache.
  • Carl1952
    Carl1952 Member
    I called Quicken support a number of times with no success, they hang up as soon as I’m transferred to them. Hopefully someone gets through. Terrible customer service. I also tried deleting and reinstalling mobile app with no success
  • papatom
    papatom Member ✭✭
    Used Quicken desktop program; Help>Report a problem. Reported problem. Will see if and when it gets fixed.
  • jmalvik
    jmalvik Member
    I have the same issue. Quicken Mobile will not open on phone. Have deleted and re-installed and still the same result.
  • maryhitt
    maryhitt Member
    I have this same problem with the recent update on my iPhone 8+. I deleted the app, re-booted my phone, reinstalled the app, but I could never get past the sign-on screen. After I put it my credentials, it would just close.

To report the problem as suggested above by the representative, you must go to the Help Menu on your Quicken software on your computer. There is a "Report a Problem" link there. I selected the "Sign-in/Registration/Install" category and reported my problems. I hope that if more people report the problem, they'll realize it's not an isolated event.

I just got off an extended chat with a representative -- who could not fix the problem. Until this glitch is solved, the chat representative suggested going to www.app.Quicken.com on the phone. That will allow you to access your data, but without using the app. (It also doesn't use any memory on your phone).

Here's hoping they get this fixed without too much delay.
  • baezra00
    baezra00 Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue too. I deleted and reinstalled the app several times with no success. I also updated to the latest iOS and it did not help. What else can be done? Please advise...
  • Carl1952
    Carl1952 Member
    I chatted with Quicken and she couldn’t figure it out and passed it on to tech guys. She told me to login on my laptop and go to HELP and click on report a problem. Still waiting.
  • Halsch
    Halsch Member ✭✭
    Same problem -- iPhone 11pro, IOS 13.6. I spent time on "chat" with no resolution. Quicken support is actually "unaware" of the problem. I did all the deleting, uninstalling, clearing cache, rebooting, re-installing, etc. with no improvement. Upon re-installing app, app asks me to sign in. Once signed in, app aborts. btw, app works OK on my wife's Android phone.
  • petewinkfein
    petewinkfein Member
    edited August 2020
    Not sure what to put here.... :(

[edited: Why does the Quicken Mobile App opens then immediately shuts down when I press the app icon?]
  • Halsch
    Halsch Member ✭✭
    As of release 6.0.1 (38.19930.4012) app works properly. :)
This discussion has been closed.