Automatic Downloading Transactions Daily

Options
My Bank (Key) tells me that Quicken Mobile automatically updates its accounts every day, whether I initiate the download of not. Is this true? If so, how can I stop it from happening? I just want it to update when I tell it to update.

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Options
    Hello @Chuck Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to share this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance, please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using for your primary desktop file.

Please also see this Support Article for more details regarding the Quicken Cloud and how syncing works, including steps to disable this feature. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

• Chuck Thomas
    Chuck Thomas Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    This is the statement I'm having trouble with. "The Quicken Cloud automatically downloads the latest transactions from your banks." How often does the Quicken Cloud download info from my banks? Once per day, once per week, every two days, each time I update my accounts on my laptop, what?

My bank is telling me Quicken is downloading transactions from my accounts either as they occur or once per day. I get charged for all downloads greater than 20, which I get for free. So even though I onlu update my accounts through Quicken on my laptop two to four times per month, the Quicken Cloud must be doing it automatically. I want to use Quicken Mobile (and therefore the cloud, I guess), but I only want it to update when I use it. How do I make that happen? It seems to work fine on my other financial accounts. No?

I think I may need to speak to someone. I've been getting different answers from people at my bank and at Quicken for weeks now and my bank keeps charging me!

Please help, Natalie! My pone number is [phone removed].
  • Chuck Thomas
    Chuck Thomas Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm using Home Business and rental Property 2020, R27.42, Build 27.1.27.42
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you use Quicken Cloud (web or mobile) you are going to be charged given that you can only have 20 accesses per month.

At a minimum the Quicken Cloud server is going to log in once a day.  Then for each time you log into the web/mobile it is going to update again.  And in the case of the web interface if you select the refresh button, it is going to do it again.

There isn't any way to change this behavior other than not syncing your account to the Quicken cloud account.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "There isn't any way to change this behavior other than not syncing your account to the Quicken cloud account. "
    I.E., disabling the Q Mobile App and Q Web.
    OR, changing banks to one that isn't so stingy.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.