Where is a New Quicken file picking up historical net worth data from?

prateek
prateek Member
edited August 2020 in Investing (Windows)
Currently running quicken for windows, R28.18 Build 27.1.28.18. I had to start over and create a new quicken data file. Old file got corrupt during validate. Somehow I see some historical data going back to 2010, when all the other data only goes back to Aug. 2020. Any ideas.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What type of data is showing 2010?  If you want some help, you need to provide lots more information and PLEASE do not make someone play twenty questions getting that info.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken_Julio
    Quicken_Julio Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Hi @prateek,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our community.

How did you create this new File? Did you go up to File > New Quicken File? Or did you create a Copy of the previous File?

If you created a new File, there should be no data or information from the previous File you were managing. Once the new File is created, you are prompted to add your accounts. Your accounts are already present if you created a copy.

Responding with this additional information will give us better insight with the issue and the next steps to take. Look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,
    JV
  • prateek
    prateek Member
    I created New Quicken File. Old one data got corrupt, although it was open when I created New Quicken File
  • prateek
    prateek Member
    Splasher - There is no data in any of the accounts in the new file going back further than May 2020.
  • prateek
    prateek Member
    Splasher - Thanks for the clue. Found one account with a transaction that was created all the way back to 2010 during the down load.
This discussion has been closed.