Home Alerts & Known Product Issues

RESOLVED 9/4/20 Mutual Fund Quotes Delayed or Fail to Update

Comments

• Crossle86Crossle86 Member ✭✭
    Quicken Home, Business, Rental R18.16. Quotes not updating. All symbols. No day gain/loss. Clock symbol in each price box. Last updated date and time at bottom of Portfolio screen says 8/3/2020. Been broken since last week.
  • clefurgyclefurgy Member ✭✭
    I have been having problems downloading quotes for certain funds that I recently re-purchased on August 3. After installing the latest update 2020 Ver. 28.18 Build 27.1.28.18 all my securities update properly except for the ones mentioned above. When I owned these funds previously I had no problem with downloading quotes for them.
  • NealTNealT Member ✭✭
    edited August 20
    Same here, no updates since the last update. I even tried to Mondo Patch and no luck.

As usual Quicken is silent!

Man I miss MS Money.
  • rwgozolarwgozola Member ✭✭
    I am experiencing mutual funds not updating from Vanguard and Fidelity, but a stock at Vanguard gets updated and all the indexes get updated too, just a problem with mutual funds, then, magically, the next day the previous day's funds get updated. this has been a problem for several days, might have started after I updated to the latest version of Quicken.
  • cr.staggcr.stagg Member
    Franklin Templeton NOT updating.
    this problem is not fixed, I just tried another download at 7:15 PM CDT and none of my Fidelity or Vanguard mutual funds prices got downloaded. Come on Quicken support, this is a basic function not working for a lot of your customers, get on this and fix it, take a look at the last update of Quicken , maybe that's where the problem started.
  • Michael DimondMichael Dimond Member ✭✭
    Fourth day of delayed Mutual fund quotes. It is 8:43 PM EDT. Stocks are updating. Mutual funds are not. Examples are ROGSX, TEMWX, FXAIX, TRIGX
  • M BurkeM Burke Member
    I've had luck deleting xxxxOFXLOG.dat. That seems to allow the quotes to be updated. It's not a permanent fix.
  •  quick2020 quick2020 Member
    Is there an update on this issue? It is only downloading the stock quotes but none of the Vanguard mutual funds quotes. Thanks.
  • Scott BainesScott Baines Member ✭✭
    as of 8/20, i am still experiencing the same issue. The only way i've been able to get around this issue is to close Quicken, reboot, and then i can get prices. This has been happening since applying the 28.16 patch, 28.18 patch did not fix it. i use Quicken WIndows Deluxe
    I did another download at 10:30 PM CDT and the problem still exists, 4 hours and 15 minutes since I did another download. Previous to that the download was at 5:30 PM
    The usual successful download time was 5:30 PM CDT, it used to work every day just fine, until recently :(
  • alan14alan14 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. Mutual fund quotes will not update if I just download quotes from the investing view, but they do download correctly if using one step update. I have had this for several days now, and even at 630 pm eastern time this occurs. Stock and ETF quotes have had no issue. Running US version 28.18, Build 27.1.28.18
  • ecupiratefanecupiratefan Member
    Version R28.18
    Build 27.1.28.18

I'm not getting any mutual fund quotes, mostly Vanguard and Fidelity funds.
  • Scott BainesScott Baines Member ✭✭
    Still not working after today's market, Stocks and ETF's are working but no mutual fund updates. My workaround, where you close the app and reboot the PC, is no longer working either.
  • mrzookiemrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    MF quotes were slightly late on Wed, back to normal on Thurs. Late tonite. Stock and ETF quotes are good.
  • mrzookiemrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    aaaannnd .... the MF quotes just came through.
  • RandallBRandallB Member
    I am having problems with downloading mutual funds quotes as well. For the last week this has been sporadic. I am using the download service and I have update R 28.18. I was able to update this evening after shutting down and restarting Quicken.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    just did my OSU - and yes, Friday Aug 21 - 6:30pm CDT - Chicago -
    Mutual Fund updates are ok
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • wangotangowangotango Member
    I think I wasn't even connecting to the Quicken server when updating quotes, so I disconnected from the VPN and can now download quotes. When connected, the VPN allows downloading of transactions to help maintain privacy. So there is reason to use the VPN most of the time except for downloading quotes.
  • bkitchelbkitchel Member ✭✭
    Still unable to update mutual fund quotes today. Did not work yesterday either. I agree with everything rsm said in the post above.
    I believe it is a timing issue. If you edit price history on any of the mutual funds you should see yesterdays prices. Pretty obvious that quicken is not getting the mutual funds on a timely basis.
    Very likely this is a service provider to Quicken that is failing to its job. Somebody at Quicken needs to call this provider an let them know. Unfortunately, as the support person pointed out, "quicken is a very big company", and it is hard to find that person.
  • ronealwaronealwa Member
    As of tonight 5:42pm PDT - Still not able to get updated MF quotes. I am running Windows V R28.18 B 27.1.28.18
  • Rick2Rick2 Member ✭✭✭
    Day 3 of quotes not updating
  • ProfQuillProfQuill Member ✭✭
    edited August 21
    Verifying I am possibly the 10 millionth user having this problem [figuring that the vast majority of victims don't post]. Vanguard/Fidelity fund prices not updating most all this week and as of 9 PM ET Friday 08/21/2020, either via OSU or Update Quotes under that account.
    I have both Vanguard and Fidelity and the problem is slightly different --
    Fidelity shows an entry for 08/21 but has the price from 08/20.
    Vanguard shows only yesterday's (08/20) entry and price, no entry for 08/21, so shows the clock symbol.

Two separate bugs? Yeah, I'm on the latest release but like others, feels like a server-side issue. So, please re-re-re-escalate this to someone who can fix it.
  • ScooterlamScooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quotes for Mutual Funds broken again. ETF okay.  841 PM CDT.  QW R28.18

• q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ProfQuill said:
    Verifying I am possibly the 10 millionth user having this problem [figuring that the vast majority of victims don't post]. Vanguard/Fidelity fund prices not updating most all this week and as of 9 PM ET Friday 08/21/2020, either via OSU or Update Quotes under that account.
    I have both Vanguard and Fidelity and the problem is slightly different --
    Fidelity shows an entry for 08/21 but has the price from 08/20.
    Vanguard shows only yesterday's (08/20) entry and price, no entry for 08/21, so shows the clock symbol.

Two separate bugs? Yeah, I'm on the latest release but like others, feels like a server-side issue. So, please re-re-re-escalate this to someone who can fix it.
    Please understand, there are multiple sources for price data. Fidelity MAY be providing yesterday’s close with today’s date.  That is on them, not Quicken. That info would be coming to you as part of downloading your transactions from Fidelity. 

Unrelated, Quicken’s data supplier is having trouble passing along a variety of mutual fund quotes. That is a system failure rather than a program bug. (By that I mean the program is operating correctly with the data it receives; it is just not getting the full input. )

• Jon ReinhardtJon Reinhardt Member ✭✭
    I am not getting any Mutual Fund quotes today
This discussion has been closed.