Possible Bug in Portfolio Display - Show Closed Lots Options

So, I have been staring at this for a while knowing something isn't quite right with it, but this morning I finally got around to testing and trying to find the root cause. Was hoping I could get someone else to follow these steps and recreate it, independently from me. What it appears to be is that if you have an account with a Closed Lot of a particular holding, but another investment account has that same holding in it. (As would Occur with a removal and an Add to perform a transfer to another account), if there was any income earned on the now closed account, this will still display in the portfolio view even if you have deselected show closed lots in the options. The data appears to be correct, and this appears to strictly be a display bug to me. This is how I believe this can be recreated:

1) Create 2 Investment Accounts.
2) Create a Buy Transaction in the Past of a holding in one account.
3) Record at least one Dividend Reinvest Transaction in this original account.
4) Then create a transfer Transaction to move all shares to the second account. This should close all lots in the original account with a Remove Transaction.

At this point go to your Portfolio view and create a custom view that just contains the original account and these columns:Shares, Price Day Change, Quote/Price, Average Cost per Share, Market Value, Cost Basis, Day Gain/Loss, Gain/Loss, Income, Return.

With just this one account displayed, toggle the show closed lots option. With show closed Lots selected, the top line balance you should see the Income Amount Displayed and Return amount, with it deselected, it shows 0 across the board for all values as is expected as there are no current holdings in the account.

Now just go back into the Customize Settings of this view, and add the second account to the view that contains the still OPEN lot of the holding. This is where the bug is visible I believe. Now not matter what option you have selected for the "Show Closed Lots Option" You will never see a 0 dollar value in the Income and Return Fields of the First account, even though if you expand the account you can see NO lots actually listed when show closed lots is not selected. If you go back into the customize view and remove the second account. The first account displays go back to toggling like they should, between 0 and the income amount.

So I guess my question is, can someone recreate this besides me, and if it is recreate-able, is it a bug or am I misunderstanding something. If it's a bug how do we report it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Gilley7997

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

I followed your steps, which were very clear and well put together. I do not see an issue where the original account shows a '0' amount in the Income/Return columns.

Changing the option to display closed lots does not seem to impact this column for me. The only way I am able to change this column is to remove the reinvest dividend transaction altogether.

I do apologize that I was unable to recreate this issue, if I missed anything or am not understanding the issue, please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Gilley7997
    Gilley7997 Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @Gilley7997
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.
    >
    > I followed your steps, which were very clear and well put together. I do not see an issue where the original account shows a '0' amount in the Income/Return columns.
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Changing the option to display closed lots does not seem to impact this column for me. The only way I am able to change this column is to remove the reinvest dividend transaction altogether.
    >
    > I do apologize that I was unable to recreate this issue, if I missed anything or am not understanding the issue, please let me know!
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

Tyka,

I see in your display that you still have both accounts show in this view, this is what actually causes the balance to continue to show Non-Zero. If you were to go into this view and remove the account "Brokerage 2" just from the view This is what would show you The Income and the Return does in fact go to 0 if you take the account out that now contains the security.

I maintain that when "Show Closed Lots" is not selected, as there are NO holdings in the Brokerage account above, and as such all lots are closed and the values across the field should be 0, and this is in fact what you see if you put this singe account in a view by itself, if you add the brokerage 2 account back to the view you will see that the return value goes back to the dividend amount. If you take the Brokerage 2 account back out of the view, the balances will go back to Zero when "Show Closed Lots" is not selected. Something I just don't understand that which accounts you have in a view can change the numbers displayed for a single account. I just recreated this again in another file, with the above steps.

Thanks.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hello @Gilley7997

Thank you for getting back to me and for further clarification.

I have been able to successfully and reliably recreate this issue. Previously, I was not able to see the effect that adding and removing the secondary brokerage account was having.

I have gone ahead and reported this issue, I will be sure to provide additional details as soon as I know more!

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

(CTP-996)
    ~~~***~~~
  • Gilley7997
    Gilley7997 Member ✭✭✭
    Any update on this one?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Gilley7997

A ticket has been opened with our Development teams to further investigate and resolve this issue, unfortunately at this time, we do not have an ETA on when a resolution will be available, we apologize.

Once a solution has been found, it will be included as part of a future product release.

We hope this information is helpful and thank you again for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the community.

Sarah

(CTP-996)
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ONGOING: 10/8/20

This issue is still ongoing with no ETA.

CTP-996
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    ONGOING: 10/22/20

CTP-996
    ~~~***~~~
  • Gilley7997
    Gilley7997 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for keeping this updated. It is still occurring as of 11/9/2020 for me.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ONGOING: 11/16/20

CTP-996
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ONGOING: 11/30/20

CTP-996
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ONGOING: 12/21/20

CTP-996
    ~~~***~~~
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    ONGOING: 1/11/21

CTP-996
    ~~~***~~~