Can you set a transactions password in Quicken for Mac?

I know it used to be possible in old versions of Quicken (for Mac) to set up a transactions password so that you couldn't accidentally change transactions older than a certain date. I found that feature highly valuable and would like to use it now but I can't find it. Is it missing?

Best Answer

Answers

• HawaiiThad
    HawaiiThad Member ✭✭
    Ok, thanks for letting me know. There should be!
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    But... if you try to change a reconciled transaction, you will get a warning. So marking all transactions earlier than a certain date as reconciled, even for an account that you might not normally reconcile, might help.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    RickO said:
    But... if you try to change a reconciled transaction, you will get a warning. ...
    Hmm ... testing this, there is only a warning if the amount or reconcile state is changed. 

Changes to the date, account, memo all can be changed with no notice from Quicken.

Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2020
    lhossus said:

Changes to the date, account, memo all can be changed with no notice from Quicken.
    Well that's pretty bad. I remembered getting a warning, but never tested each field. Changing the date or the account would definitely affect the reconcile, so these at least should be warned for.

I filed a Report a Problem on this.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.