My linked checking account is not showing up on the mobile app

Hi! I have gotten all my accounts, checking, savings and investments to show up on the mobile app except for one. My fidelity brokerage checking account - which is my main spending account. It's linked in Quicken desktop to the brokerage account, which DOES show up on Q Mobile...

I poked around trying to find a setting that I was missing, but so far I'm not getting anywhere, and any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

T

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @Tom Niccum,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To better assist you, could you please tell us whether you're using Windows or Mac for your desktop program and which version release you are running?
    • WIN: Help > About Quicken
    • Mac: Quicken > About Quicken

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Tom Niccum
    Tom Niccum Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Thank you for responding Anja.
    WIndows, OS version 10, Home
    Quicken 202, R28.18/ Build 27.1.28.18
  • Tom Niccum
    Sorry - that's Quicken 2020 of course.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited August 2020
    Thank you for providing the requested information.

When you go into the Mobile and Web tab on your desktop program, please check under the section titled Accounts enabled for mobile and web (see illustration below).

Is the account that's missing from the Mobile app showing in this section or is it missing from there as well?

-Quicken Anja

• Tom Niccum
    The account is missing there as well.

To be more detailed... The brokerage account is there, but the linked checking account is not.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited August 2020
    Thank you.

In that case, please follow the steps below.
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile app
    2. Click on the gear icon on the top-right of that section (please refer to the illustration from my previous response)
    3. Select Account Settings
    4. Check off the checkbox for the account that is missing
    5. Click Done
    6. Wait for it to finish syncing
    7. Click on the blue Sync Now button to reinitiate the sync and to make sure no errors occur
    8. Wait for it to finish syncing again
    9. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile app
    See if that resolves it or if there's no change, and/or if you receive any error messages or codes.

-Quicken Anja

• Tom Niccum
    Thanks for your message. Unfortunately in step #4, the linked account does not appear in the list, so I can't complete item #4.

The brokerage account shows up, and is already selected, the linked checking account is not in the list.

I'm guessing that linked accounts are somehow "special" and perhaps aren't fully supported. They're a bit odd. I wish my checking account was treated as just a normal account - the linked part is annoying.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for the update, though that is unfortunate.

Just for clarification though so I can have a better understanding also-- Is the linked checking account part of the brokerage account making it so that when you select your brokerage account you view them both together within Quicken or does that checking account show as a separate account where you can select and view each account individually within Quicken? In other words, in your account list do you have both the checking and the brokerage as an option to click on and view or just the brokerage account?

-Quicken Anja

• Tom Niccum
    Both accounts show in the account list. The brokerage account shows under "Investing" and the linked checking account shows under "Banking".

But the checking account lacks the on-line tab. It's some sort of dummy account that just shows the "cash" transactions fed to it from the brokerage account.
  • Quicken Anja
    If you could, please check the account type of that checking account.
    1. Right-click the checking account name in the account list
    2. Choose the option Edit/Delete account
    The Account Details screen should now open. What does it say the Account type is?

-Quicken Anja

• Tom Niccum
    Account type: Checking
    Screen shot attached.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited August 2020
    Thank you for providing that.

In that case, the account should be able to sync to and show in the Quicken Mobile app fine. If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data and see if that may make a difference (see steps below).
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile app
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    7. Go to the Mobile & Web tab
    8. Check to see if you have the option to add the checking account now-- if so go ahead and add it 
    9. Wait for it to finish syncing
    10. Click on the blue Sync Now button to reinitiate the sync and to make sure no errors occur
    11. Wait for it to finish syncing again
    12. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile app
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• Tom Niccum
    Thanks for the help... So far, I can't get past #9. I've tried 3 times and each time, Quicken has crashed during the reset.
  • Quicken Anja
    At this point then, if you could, please submit a problem report by going to 
    Help > Report a problem 
    and also attach these screenshots to that report as well. Doing this submits diagnostic log files directly to our Product teams. These reports are used for investigative purposes and help notify our teams when there is an issue or problem.

Additionally, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support for further assistance as our support agents may likely require assistance internally with our Tier 2 team to have this issue successfully resolved.

I appreciate your patience and cooperation as well as allowing me to assist you with this, though I apologize that there is not much more I can do further from here within Community.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.