has anyone experienced issue with transaction downloads from BFSFCU?

updating transactions in Quicken from the Bank Fund Staff Federal Credit Union fails to recognize previously downloaded and reconciled transactions dating from begin August. Manual matching of downloaded transactions to those previous does not work. Deleting previously downloaded transactions and accepting new the new transactions does not work, as the new downloads are not recognized as having taken place in subsequent updates.

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @will66pu

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. That is quite odd. are you inputting both manual transactions and also downloading transactions? I'm wondering if those downloaded transactions may not have a downloaded ID attached. Let's double check that to see if we're able to get a bit more information. 

To add the downloaded ID column in the top right of your register you'll see a small cogwheel it'll bring down a dropdown menu and we'll want to select register columns. Towards the bottom of the next dropdown with the registers we'll see downloaded ID.  Well make sure thats activated and then double check the downloaded ID column and see if there are entries on downloaded transactions.

Let us know if you're able to see those downloaded transactions, With that info we'll see what our next best option would be. Any other information you can provide will also help. Once you get a chance give us an update!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• will66pu
    will66pu Member ✭✭
    Thanks for reaching out, Francisco. Re your first question, I am downloading transactions thru Quicken update. My earlier posted comment re manual referred only to attempting to match downloaded transactions to those already in register with manual match
    Following your instruction, I went to cogwheel, register columns, and checked downloaded ID. It was not checked beforehand. I did another updated with BFSFCU and the same result. Transactions for August are downloaded again, although already in register.
  • will66pu
    will66pu Member ✭✭
    Francisco, I see the downloaded IDs in the transaction register. The transaction IDs for the duplicate entries are unique each time, i.e. no match to prior entry for the same transaction. Transaction IDs prior to August, when the duplicate entry problem started, are strings of numbers. The transaction IDs for the duplicating entries are alphanumeric strings, mostly letters.
  • will66pu
    will66pu Member ✭✭
    I see that BFSFCU transaction IDs prior to August 7 were unique to the destination account, i.e. the same for all transactions to an account, while after August 7 transaction IDs are unique for each download.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Hello @will66pu

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you haven' received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with missing transactions, please take a moment to review the steps and information provided here.

If the trouble persists and this is an ongoing issue, please contact Quicken Care directly for advanced troubleshooting and possible escalation.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • will66pu
    will66pu Member ✭✭
    The download of duplicate transaction problem from BFSFCU is a continuing one. I have checked the BFSFCU transaction IDs of downloaded transactions. Each download they are different. So the problem is that BFSFCU Is presenting the same transaction with a different ID every time a Quicken download takes place. So ten downloads will download the same transactions ten times even when previously already accepted and reconciled in Quicken. The problem started about two weeks ago and does not apply to BFSFCU transactions dated prior to early August. Updates downloading previously downloaded transactions do not create an error message in Quicken. I have tried to reach BFSFCU IT to make them aware of this issue but no luck so far.