Deposit being subtracted instead of added

One of my scheduled automatic deposits, a pension check, is being subtracted from my balance instead of added. The correct amount shows up in green font, like the other deposits, but is deducted from the balance.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

This new version of Quicken makes me want to cry.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Martha. Appreciate your question.

Can you provide us a screen shot of the issue in which you are having? You can block out any confidential information.

You can also reach out to Quicken Support and we can look into it further.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Martha
    Martha Member
    Answer ✓
    I installed an update after I posted my question and it seems to have fixed this problem. Thank you.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Martha:

You said an update fixed this, but look at your running balance. Is it truly negative? I suspect not. That is why your pension deposit appears to be subtracted-it really is adding it to a negative amount.

You need to find out why your running balance is negative.
  • Martha
    Martha Member
    Thanks. I'll check it out. The other check deposit that had just gone in hadn't subtracted though -- it had added to the balance.
  • 52Mercury
    52Mercury Member ✭✭
    I just entered a deposit in an account and noticed that it subtracted the amount instead of added. I went back and see that it has done this now with previous deposits and its adding payments. It has totally messed up my balance.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    52Mercury said:
    I just entered a deposit in an account and noticed that it subtracted the amount instead of added. I went back and see that it has done this now with previous deposits and its adding payments. It has totally messed up my balance.

Is your account register properly sorted by Date and not filtered to show only selected transactions?
    The running Balance in your account register appears to be incorrect and can be considered meaningless unless the register is sorted by Date and not filtered.
    Click a column header in your register to sort by this column. In your case, click the Date column header.
This discussion has been closed.