Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time...

Options
Why am I seeing this, Quicken?
"Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait at least ten minutes, then try again. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Best Answer

Answers

• dmzumwalt
    dmzumwalt Member ✭✭
    Options
    Replying to Boatnmaniac, I was aware of the backend maintenance on 8/26 and didn't attempt to log in until the next morning after the maintenance window closed. I did, however, follow your suggestion of logging out and logging back in, which was successful, but upon doing so the QDATA file was clearly messed up. No running balances, dates totally out of order (even though sort-by-date was selected), so I ran a Validate and it was clear massive damage had occurred. Fortunately, I had a backup from the 25th that I restored and I am now gingerly probing for any more issues. While it is possible that the file coincidentally went berserk at the same time as Quicken's backend work, I find the timing noteworthy. I'm seeing no other signs of disk integrity problems on my PC. I have long had suspicions (from bad past experience) about Quicken's Cloud, which I try to disable whenever it pops up, but that's a story for another day.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @dmzumwalt - I'm glad the signing in as a different user worked for you.  Good thing you had that recent backup file.  I don't know why everyone doesn't use Quicken's auto-backup feature.  It's saved my b*tt more times than I can count.
    Yeah, that maintenance Alert was a bit confusing.  First it says to not use Quicken during the hours of the maintenance so you wouldn't need to log back into Quicken.  Then further down it says that after the maintenance is completed you might need to log back into Quicken anyway.  :smile:
    The last few revisions have caused a number of issues, including transactions not downloading, then duplicate transactions being entered into registers (probably the cause of your account balances getting out of whack), Quicken sync issues with the Cloud Account and/or with Mobile & Web, etc.  Then the revision that was supposed to fix all these things (R28.18) changed some preferences, view settings and report customizations for me as well as for some others (not for everyone).  Once I got the preferences, settings and customizations corrected it's been working fine.  BTW, my register views went kind of wonky on me, too.  The problem went away after I corrected one of my register preferences that had gotten changed (unchecked):

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.