Unable to setup transaction downloads with Chase

I have been using Quicken Mac for years. The other day I had one account that would not download transactions, and I managed to fix that. Today I tried to access new downloads and 4 accounts gave me a -28 error message. I contacted both Quicken and Chase and they are each saying the other is the source of any potential problem. Quicken had me deactivate transaction downloads, and now when I try to restore those downloads I get error messages that say the Chase website may be down. I can sign on directly to Chase, and Chase says there are no known issues on their end.

Then says sub error code 519 session failed 519null. It also says Aggregator_in_error (FI_timeout:ccscrape.102)

Quicken keeps saying that there is a known error with Chase, but the error they pointed me to is a Windows error with direct connect, and as mentioned I am on Quicken Mac and using Quicken Connect. Could it be related? I guess so, but Chase doesn't think so.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @dmwesq,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

As stated in this support article if all other troubleshooting steps fail, then you will need to contact Quicken Support for further assistance. Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files and have this issue escalated in order for it to be resolved.

Please, let us know if you have any questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• dmwesq
    dmwesq Member ✭✭
    I spent an hour on a useless chat with your support agent. They had no answer, and they were given the logs but did not offer to escalate the issue.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited August 2020
    Thank you for checking back here about that.

Were you by chance given a ticket number for that chat that you could provide me with, please? I'd like to look further into it. 

-Quicken Anja

• dmwesq
    dmwesq Member ✭✭
    No I was not given a ticket number
  • dmwesq
    dmwesq Member ✭✭
    And magically upon trying again it all worked. So something was down somewhere, and now things are back up and running.
  • Quicken Anja
    edited May 2021
    I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

-Quicken Anja

• Quicken Anja
    dmwesq said:
    And magically upon trying again it all worked. So something was down somewhere, and now things are back up and running.
    Oh, in that case, disregard my previous message and thank you for letting us know. 

I'm happy to hear it's working again!

-Quicken Anja

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    dmwesq said:
    That's usually the first advice with Quicken financial institution downloading problems:  wait a day and see if it resolves itself. ;)  Not all issues do, but in many cases, just coming back to it 24-48 hours later will save you much time and aggravation of trying to deal with an online service that is down somewhere.

Remember with Quicken, there is typically a piece dealing with the application, a piece dealing with Quicken's servers, a piece dealing with Intuit's servers, and a piece dealing with the financial institution's servers -- plenty of places for things to go south, and lots of room for finger-pointing among parties whose support reps may be unaware of back-room problems.

I'd also note that you said you could log onto Chase successfully, and therefore the problem wasn't with Chase. Maybe yes, maybe no. The site where you login as a customer is typically different than the site where Quicken logs in to download transactions. The former may be up and running, while the latter may be down, or be restricting traffic to limit loads on the server.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a current Alert on Chase: NEW 8/28/20 Chase Returns OL-294/HTTP-504 errors — Quicken

Basically, Direct Connect connections are timing-out. The problem is intermittent: try one time and it fails, a bit later and it works, then later, fails again. This has been going on more than 3 days.

I will grant you that Quicken Connect connections might behave differently. But the 
    Aggregator_in_error (FI_timeout:ccscrape.102 message suggests to me that Quicken Connect is accessing a QFX download in this case - which might be failing due to the same problem that is tripping up Direct Connect. Inspecting the Quicken log files might provide more insight.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
This discussion has been closed.