Emergency Records Organizer

morse98111
morse98111 Member ✭✭
Emergency Records Organizer (contact name/address/phone is grayed out and difficult to read although entered data appears in appropriate white field. What caused the graying/darkening of the entry field?

Best Answers

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @morse98111

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review a previous discussion available here.

Is this issue the same as what you are experiencing, did you find any details in this discussion helpful?

Please let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • morse98111
    morse98111 Member ✭✭
    A little confused with respect to adding a new Quicken file as a test. How can a screenshot of the ERO for your reference be enclosed? There were older posts stating that the ERO is no longer supported. Any suggestions?

I have been using Quicken for over 15+ years and this is the first time there has been a problem.

morse98111
  • morse98111
    morse98111 Member ✭✭
    Boatmaniac
    Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, I do not see the bar with the icons on my screen. How can I make it appear. I am computer savvy but do not see the toolbar above my post.
  • morse98111
    morse98111 Member ✭✭
    Sorry for the misspelling. . . Boatnmaniac!!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the misspelling. . . Boatnmaniac!!

It may have been a typo ... but it wasn't incorrect! :D

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• morse98111
    morse98111 Member ✭✭
    The toolbar does not appear on my screen when responding to your comment. I am having a bad day but it now becomes a matter of principle. I see the three icons- Preview-Save Draft-Post Comment but only an emoji icon appears above this comment box. Is there a screen that I have missed? All I was asking is why the Emergency Records Organizer fields are greyed out. Not as critical as to why the daily mutual fund updates are not updating which is being worked on by the powers that be. Really appreciate your help as well as the humor of NotACPA.
  • morse98111
    morse98111 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Thank you Rocket J Squirrel for your advice as well as NotACPA and Boatnmaniac for all your help. Soooooo appreciated. I did add the screenshot of the ERO. Does anybody have an answer.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the issue is the barely readable black text on the dark gray background in the contact info in your image? Or something else?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• morse98111
    morse98111 Member ✭✭
    Yep. The issue involving the Emergency Records Organizer which others have also reported with the question as to whether Quicken is still supporting the feature. The other issue is being addressed currently, that is, the fact that daily mutual fund updates are not working.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @morse98111 - I hate to admit it but after having used Quicken for the last 11 yrs I didn't even know ERO existed until I saw your posted question.  I guess old dogs can learn new tricks, huh?   :-)
    I've been playing around with ERO these last couple of days and just haven't been able to reproduce the shading issue you are seeing.  I thought for sure it must have something to do with color settings/preferences in Quicken or in Windows but that didn't pan out.  I researched the Help topics and found there's just not much information on ERO in there.  So, I'm scratching my head.  Other than to suggest that maybe you want to play around with your Quicken colors preferences to see if that might shake something loose for you, I'm at a dead end on this.  Sorry that I can't be of more assistance.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Rocket J Squirrel
    I also can't reproduce the dark gray background. My ERO shows black text on a medium gray background, which is easily readable.
    I would try a full QCleanUI uninstall & reinstall of Quicken. In between uninstall & reinstall, I generally run CCleaner Free to remove junk from the Windows registry.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• morse98111
    morse98111 Member ✭✭
    Wowser!!!!! Thank you both (Boatnmaniac & Rocket J Squirrel) for all your help. It is of interest that it prints appropriately but the background cannot be altered on the screen. There is a least one other community member who had the same issue. It may have occurred with the most recent update. i am not sure that I am up to Rocket J Squirrel's uninstall and reinstall. May be above my pay grade.
  • morse98111
    morse98111 Member ✭✭
    If Emergency Record Organizer is placed search bar, it appears this has occurred and reported back in April with a Quicken update. What do both think about this. . . Boatnmaniac and Rocket J Squirrel?
  • morse98111
    morse98111 Member ✭✭
    Actually in August not April. . . N. Putzer similar problem.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited August 2020
    If Emergency Record Organizer is placed search bar, it appears this has occurred and reported back in April with a Quicken update. What do both think about this. . . Boatnmaniac and Rocket J Squirrel?
    I can't parse this. Did you mean placing ERO in the Toolbar? I did that and my resulting display is still legible black on medium gray.
    [Edit] Oh, I see. You meant the search box in this forum. Quicken is unusual in that some people experience particular bugs and other people don't. It's a mystery.

• morse98111
    morse98111 Member ✭✭
    I did try to set up a new Quicken test file without mobile or web connection. I could not locate the ERO in the new file even in the toolbar. My ignorance is immense. Sorry.
  • Boatnmaniac
    I did try to set up a new Quicken test file without mobile or web connection. I could not locate the ERO in the new file even in the toolbar. My ignorance is immense. Sorry.
    When you looked for ERO in the new file, was Classic Menus or Standard Menus (under View) checked?  I believe Classic Menus needs to be checked.
    Then click on the Property & Debt menu and ERO should be listed there.

• morse98111
    morse98111 Member ✭✭
    Thank you both-- Rocket J Squirrel and Boatnmaniac. I downloaded Quicken on my laptop computer and created a "fake" debt and lo and behold, the ERO appeared and it was correct with appropriate colors indicating that the file (ERO) on my desktop computer is corrupted or needs adjustment? What is the next step?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Unfortunately, creating a new install on your laptop and then creating a new data file from it proves only that the new install and the new data file on the laptop are both good.  It says nothing about the integrity of the install nor the data file on your desktop.
    I suggest you either create a new data file like you just did on your laptop but do it on your desktop, instead.  Or you can copy your new data file from your laptop to your desktop and then open it with Quicken on your desktop.  How does ERO look?

• morse98111
    morse98111 Member ✭✭
    I transferred the most recent data file from the desktop to the laptop and the ERO was in the appropriate colors unlike it appeared on the desktop computer indicating the issue is with the desktop computer and not with the data file. Interesting, Quicken updated automatically today but the ERO remains with the difficult to read dark gray background on the desktop. Should the Quicken file be reinstalled anew on the desktop and if so, how does that affect all my backup files and their locations? Will the new Quicken default to the same file locations? Alternatively, I can just live with the dark gray difficult to read background. I was really fortunate that I discovered the Quicken community.
  • morse98111
    morse98111 Member ✭✭
    If I uninstall Quicken, does it also remove the backup files associated with the program on the desktop computer or do the files remain? I often see the warning that all files associated with the program to be removed will also be removed. (I also have them on a separate drive if required as a safety measure.)
    BTW, when I installed Quicken on the laptop and then downloaded the ERO add on, it did populate correctly from the backup file.
  • morse98111
    morse98111 Member ✭✭
    It worked! Wow. Installed the ERO app and the data appeared. Data was installed first followed by the ERO app. ERO app will not appear for download unless data file is present. Per Rocket J Squirrel (in order to see the Property & Debt menu, you must have created at least one Property & Debt type of account. Otherwise the menu doesn't appear at all. ) Unbelievable. Thank you for all your help in this matter.
This discussion has been closed.