Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Chase Bank - Error OL-294-A

2»

Answers

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @bobono I think you just got "fooled" (like I might have with the "Update Now" suggestion above.  I just tried it (was failing this morning), and without doing anything it worked.

What I believe is happening is the Chase is making changes and at times while they are doing it, they are blocking it/ or changes are not working right.  And from what I gather part of the reason they are making these changes is because of such problems with Direct Connect downloading, but also suspect that it is tied into other changes they are making to their site.

The reason I say that is you will notice that the problems are coming up on the weekend.  Last weekend there were similar problems, but nothing during the week.  It isn't uncommon at all for financial institution's to do their "maintenance" on the weekends.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • tralfamadoretralfamadore Member ✭✭
    Here's what appears to have worked for me. I deactivated my 2 Chase CC accounts from OSU. Then, I added the 2 accounts as new from Chase with different names; they set up fine as Direct Connect and autodownloaded transactions back to June 2020. Next, (in the new accounts) I selected all the transactions and deleted them. Went back to the original accounts and copied over all the register transactions and I then hid the original accounts with all the original transactions. This worked fine and then I did a OSU on the new accounts which also worked. We'll see if it stays this way. Also, after fooling around with the original accts before this, I received a Security Message from Chase asking me to verify my accounts so I did that before I tried the above.
  • Scott BainesScott Baines Member ✭✭
    Seems like the error is back again, anyone else having an issue with Chase?
  • bobonobobono Member ✭✭
    FWIW, my problem never returned and is currently working fine.
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I just updated with no problem.  It is following the same pattern it has for a couple of weeks now, connection problems over the weekend, that are resolved by Monday (at least later in the day Monday).
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Roger MRoger M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31
    I reset my password in the password vault, and now update is working. I didn't change the password, but just re-entered the same one.
    Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription **** Windows 10 Home *** Quicken user since 1996
  • Jerry PedersonJerry Pederson Member ✭✭
    No error messages with chase update for several accounts. OSU works fine, today