Home Quicken for Windows Investing (Windows)

Mutual Fund Quotes Delayed/Not Updating

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • Aware Quicken for whatever reason can not update our investment quotes, which is my main reason I paid for this service. How about extending our expiration date for as long as we can not update our quotes?
  • Chuck77Chuck77 Member ✭✭
    It is one issue after another and, as a former softer director, I'm questioning the competence of the solutions team. I'm moving closer to Fidelity One View as a new app and thinking quicken is over their heads as to supplying a reliable financial application.
  • scarr1711scarr1711 Member
    This issue has been unresoved for weeks.
  • not_a_fannot_a_fan Member ✭✭
    You request would be exactly the right thing for them to do. So, don't expect them to do it...
  • rwgozolarwgozola Member ✭✭
    So Quicken support, what the hell is taking so long?? This is way beyond bad support, this is ignoring the issue, not communicating every day where you are at with this issue, please respond to your community.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
    If you are having difficulty downloading quotes, I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options

The only quote issue I'm experiencing is a delay in the mutual fund quotes.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7879628/updated-8-27-20-mutual-fund-quotes-delayed-or-fail-to-update#latest

You may want review Quicken's Terms of Use.  Specifically:

Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • Snoopy75209Snoopy75209 Member ✭✭
    edited September 3
    [removed - off-topic/disruptive]
  • Joe1256Joe1256 Member ✭✭
    mutual funds fail to update their quotes. All of my Vanguard and Fidelity and Muni Funds do not update. We can go to Mars but can update quotes
  • > @Sherlock said:
    > If you are having difficulty downloading quotes, I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
    >
    > The only quote issue I'm experiencing is a delay in the mutual fund quotes.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7879628/updated-8-27-20-mutual-fund-quotes-delayed-or-fail-to-update#latest
    >
    > You may want review Quicken's Terms of Use.  Specifically:
    >
    > (Image)

Obviously I am aware of the issue and threads. I felt asking for an extension of my/our subscription because updating mutual fund quotes are most important for me. Quicken has been generally ok for me during the past 30 years. Errors are frustrating. But now I am paying a subscription. Fair is fair !!!
  • Joe1256Joe1256 Member ✭✭
    Ver R28.24
  • janderjander Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem since updating subscribed Quicken H&B for Win 10 day before yesterday. I cannot download mutual fund quotes at all. One of the main reasons I go to Quicken is to see what happened with my portfolio TODAY - not yesterday. I see the ongoing issue referred to by Sherlock was solved. My issue is ongoing.
  • Hello again, to ensure we don't mix messages .. R28.24 does not resolve the seriously delayed & unreliable computing and availability of Mutual Fund NAV pricing for download.
    This "service" is the accountability of Intuit (old parent Corp of Quicken). They are a "Service Provider"... Quicken's SLA's should address this and hold Intuit accountable/liable for $$ refunds, etc... Quicken get Intuit to deliver!! This isn't rocket science ...
  • cyberphilecyberphile Member ✭✭
    I just checked one Fidelity and one Vanguard mutual fund on Yahoo's finance section and got today's quote. Quicken still doesn't return today's quote. If Yahoo can get today's quote, it does not seem like it is the fault of the mutual fund companies (at least being so late).
  • cyberphilecyberphile Member ✭✭
    I asked the same question of the CEO/President via Quicken's web site. What I got back was basically "happy talk"!

I suggest anyone who is unhappy about this situation do the same using this form at the bottom of the page: https://www.quicken.com/about-us

Maybe if the CEO gets enough complaints, pressure will exerted on the responsible parties to prioritize fixing the problem!
    edited September 1
    jander said:
    I have the same problem since updating subscribed Quicken H&B for Win 10 day before yesterday. I cannot download mutual fund quotes at all. One of the main reasons I go to Quicken is to see what happened with my portfolio TODAY - not yesterday. I see the ongoing issue referred to by Sherlock was solved. My issue is ongoing.
    @jander:

Please update your Community Profile to indicate you're using Quicken Windows Subscription.

What leads you to believe the issue I referred to was solved?

You say you cannot download mutual fund quotes at all.  The issue we're all experiencing is that mutual fund quotes are downloading late.  For example, if you examine a downloaded mutual fund's quote in the Portfolio view as of 8/31/2020 or  price history, you should see the correct value for 8/31/2020.  If you cannot download mutual fund quotes at all, you are experiencing a different issue.  
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2
    @jander - We are waiting for @ Howard Minor 's response to determine what his/her issue is.  It might be the MF prices issue or it could be something very different.
    I'm not sure where you are getting the impression that the MF funds issue has been resolved.  @Sherlock stated it is an ongoing issue and the link he referenced shows that it is a current issue. 
    Maybe you are thinking of a similar issue that occurred in July?  That one was noted as being resolved. 
    If you want to be kept updated on resolution of the current MFs pricing issue, I suggest you bookmark the post thread referenced by @Sherlock 's link (click on the star to the right of the title of that thread).
    (QW Premier Subscription: R29.22 on Windows 10)
  • GuruperfGuruperf Member
    I have attempted several updates and received transaction data, but no quotes updated even though it says 16 quotes updated. Anyone else having this issue?
    Thanks
  • jdxtrjdxtr Member ✭✭✭
    In addition to the ongoing problem of missing and/or late mutual fund quotes, Quicken is now failing to download Fidelity Mutual Fund transactions, such as dividends, etc. And, sometimes when Quicken does get Fidelity prices, they are from the day before.  e.g. The price Quicken is showing for 9/1/2020 is actually the price from 8/31/2020, and you have to correct it manually.
  • jdxtrjdxtr Member ✭✭✭
    In addition to the ongoing problem of missing and/or late mutual fund quotes, Quicken is now failing to download Fidelity Mutual Fund transactions, such as dividends, etc. And, sometimes when Quicken does get Fidelity prices, they are from the day before.  e.g. The price Quicken is showing for 9/1/2020 is actually the price from 8/31/2020, and you have to correct it manually.
  • GuruperfGuruperf Member
    They were all mutual funds. Thanks for responding and pointing me in the right direction.
  • Rick2Rick2 Member ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked that this hasn't been resolved in timely manner. very discouraged that the quicken folks can't get this fixed.
  • marrdrm1971marrdrm1971 Member ✭✭
    Why hasn't Quicken put something out . Only super users trying to help? Is it true that Intuit is the problem??
  • Mark SteinmanMark Steinman Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've also send emails and received responses from the Office of the President email box.  They are aware of the issue.  I suspect it's not a quicken issue but their provider.  stil, even the provider shouldn't take weeks to solve this. 
  • LDBLDB Member ✭✭
    I understand that Quicken is aware of the issue. As a user since 1992 I find this unacceptable that such a problem was not resolved within hours of when it was identified. I have come to depend on Quicken for timely information to make important financial decisions. This situation is unfortunately encouraging me to seek other venues to actively track my finances.
  • bkitchelbkitchel Member ✭✭
    Mutual fund prices have not been updating until well after midnight each day, and this problem has been occurring since August 20th. When will this issue be resolved?
  • simontsimont Member
    Daily prices changes still not showing / updating
This discussion has been closed.