Recent update removed edit instance and enter transaction (for a future transaction)

Keith Davis
Keith Davis Member ✭✭✭
Until today, I could right-click on a future scheduled (recurring) transaction and edit instance or I could enter the transaction now (manually), but now I can do neither, so when a transaction comes in early, I will just have to move the scheduled series to the next date.

I just tested this and it only affects "automatically enter", not the remind scheduled transactions. However, that was not the case prior to a recent update.

Best Answer

Answers

• Keith Davis
    Keith Davis Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Natalie

Thanks, I'll try that, but FYI, now I'm not getting notifications from this forum (I just happened to look at this post due to a survey I did receive). I received notifications previously. Yes, I checked my SPAM folder.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many days in advance of the due date do you allow an auto-enter reminder to be entered into the register?
    If the due date is on the 25th and you set "auto-enter [5] days in advance", then if the transaction actually downloads on the 23rd, you should already have an editable transaction in your register.

• Keith Davis
    Keith Davis Member ✭✭✭
    But that's not really the point. I don't want the transaction entered, I want it to still be a reminder, that I can move when the data of the transactions changes (which many of mine frequently do). This has worked fine for me up until now. I'll just change all of these from auto-enter to remind me.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    But that's not really the point. I don't want the transaction entered, I want it to still be a reminder, that I can move when the data of the transactions changes (which many of mine frequently do). This has worked fine for me up until now. I'll just change all of these from auto-enter to remind me.
    Correct.
    "Auto-enter" reminders assume that this is a fixed amount always due on the same date - type of transaction that can be entered by Quicken without needing any regular changes.

• Keith Davis
    Keith Davis Member ✭✭✭
    Well, that is not how it worked for years until a few weeks ago.