Will Quicken ever have an asset allocation type of Mid-Cap ?

Options
I've used Quicken for Window since 2005 and I ask this question every year and have never been given a definitive answer. Will any version of Quicken Personal Finance Manager ever allow for an asset allocation type of Mid-Cap, in addition to Large and Small Caps?

Mr Dunn, as a loyal subsciber, I ask, isn't 15 years long enough to wait ?

Answers

• gtamm
    gtamm Member ✭✭
    Options
    I agree, as Large and Small is not the normal taxonomy for investing. I also believe that the projected returns are intended to be "Real Rate of Return", after inflation, as having Large Cap at 7% seems very low if inflation isn't already included.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We're other users and have no way of answering a "will.. ever" type of question.
    IF such an enhancement is in the works, the developers and testers have signed a "Non-Disclosure" agreement ... and they can't say either.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Note that if you have Quicken Premier or higher, you can use the Portfolio X-Ray tool to see your asset allocations, and this includes all 9 of the Morningstar asset classes.

One down side of this is that it only works with publicly traded securities that are in Morningstar's database. There is no way to set the asset classes for other securities.
    QWin Premier subscription