Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

When will Quicken clean up the program to stop the flashing screen syndrome and slow response????

I have been a Quicken user for more than 20 years updating every year. The last few years the program has been getting slower and the flashing in and out of screens during an operation is getting very annoying. I love the ability to track my accounts and investments in which I have thousands of transactions. Look to me like the program needs a major overhaul!!??

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • Robert PresslerRobert Pressler Member ✭✭
    Quicken Premier 2020
    Version: R26.23
    Build: 27.1.26.23
  • Now have:
    Quicken Premier 2020
    Version: R28.24
    Build: 27.1.28.24

Can not get quotes to download until the next day and when trying to add an account to my direct connect download from Raymond James the program crashes.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday, I improved the performance of my Q by:
    Taking a backup of my data file
    Using Q to create a copy of my data file ... which reduced the file size by about 1000K
    Doing a Validate on the copy
    Deleting the original file
    Renaming the copy file to the name of the original
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    To whomever "disliked" my prior comment.
    Flashing screens and "slow response" are symptoms of performance issues.
    SO, how is my response "off topic"???
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Thanks, that did reduce my file size.
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have been a Quicken user for more than 20 years updating every year. The last few years the program has been getting slower and the flashing in and out of screens during an operation is getting very annoying. I love the ability to track my accounts and investments in which I have thousands of transactions. Look to me like the program needs a major overhaul!!??
    It is highly unlikely that Quicken is going to get a major overhaul so you should look to what you might do to improve the situation instead.  @NotACPA suggestion might help.  Also if the performance problem is in a given investment account then you might see if the "Archive Transactions" menu option (on the gear icon) in that investment account helps.

Can not get quotes to download until the next day and when trying to add an account to my direct connect download from Raymond James the program crashes.
    Everyone is encountering this problem because it is a problem at the third party service that Quicken Inc is using to provide the quotes.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Mark SteinmanMark Steinman Member ✭✭✭✭
    How old is your computer? the processing speed is a function of the power in your computer and the size of the Quicken file.