I am currently using Quicken for Windows 2017 version. Can I download or upload stock prices?

Options
dfc551
dfc551 Member
edited September 2020 in Investing (Windows)
If I have history for a stock symbol for daily end results for last 30 days in an Excel file, can I upload them into Quicken 2017?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You may export the appropriately formatted data from the Excel file to an CSV file that may be imported into Quicken.  I suggest you review the built-in documentation in the topic: press F1

• dfc551
    dfc551 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your response!! That is what I was thinking but didn't know the format of the file or command in Quicken to use to upload. I will check it out and let you know how it works! Thank you again for responding!
  • dfc551
    dfc551 Member
    Options
    I was able to download the ending price quote for each day with the following format in a CSV file: HON 153 6/10/20
    This gave me the ending quote price for 6/10/20 for Honeywell stock for any number of days specified.
    I was not able to find an acceptable format for including High, Low, and volume by day for Honeywell Stock. This was a big help but ideally I'd like to include the High, Low, and volume for the day. However, all in all very helpful!! Thank you!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Options
    FYI - as was mentioned in another thread - you might use Google Sheets,
    and the =GoogleFinance function - to get all the info

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dfc551 said:
    I was able to download the ending price quote for each day with the following format in a CSV file: HON 153 6/10/20
    This gave me the ending quote price for 6/10/20 for Honeywell stock for any number of days specified.
    I was not able to find an acceptable format for including High, Low, and volume by day for Honeywell Stock. This was a big help but ideally I'd like to include the High, Low, and volume for the day. However, all in all very helpful!! Thank you!
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7542737/faq-importing-security-prices-including-hi-lo-vol/p1