How to get two-line display in register

have Quiken 2019; Quiken customer for years; adding 2 new chkg accts in my 'Accounts' List. all old acct transactions have 2-lines. New ones only 1-Line. "Help" says to change under "Account Actions gear icon" top right of register, selecting "two-line display" to change. There is no icon top right. two other icons in register do NOT give option to change to a two-line display.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ctrl+2 will change the mode, but you certainly should have the gear icon in your register.  Maybe a screenshot would help determine the problem.  If there isn't an icon for including the screenshot it the comment, you should be able to still drag and drop it on to the comment.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    yup - display the Register - and in the upper right corner as @Chris_QPW shows...
    there should be a settings "gear" -
    click and scroll all the way down the pop-up menu -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

There also might be a  shortcut (Ctrl + 2) which toggles the setting. This only works for non-investment accounts.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• kckate
    kckate Member
    Ctrl+2 worked.....but the "gear" icon is missing. actually shows a faded empty box in that spot. other gears in the register do not have 2-line option. oh well. thanx for your help.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    kckate said:
    Ctrl+2 worked.....but the "gear" icon is missing. actually shows a faded empty box in that spot. other gears in the register do not have 2-line option. oh well. thanx for your help.

Can you see the Gear icon that on the same line as the column headers in your account? (see Chris_QPW's example of 1:48ipm)
    I'm working on the theory that your Q display might simply be too wide for your screen.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the full top area..... Qwin 2020 - Deluxe -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jedi2txns
    jedi2txns Member
    Using Quicken 2014. Set up three new accounts, all of which had 1-line display, whereas old ones were two-line display. Contacted Quicken Support for help and got only that they no longer supported Q2014. End of discussion. Did a search and found this site, registered, and found the answer to my question in the first 15 minutes.

The Gear Icon (Settings?) in the upper right corner of the register did the trick!

Thanks Chris_QPW!!!
This discussion has been closed.