Budget View Scrolling Issue - Mac

In the 12 month budget view when scrolling to the bottom of the monthly budgets on the right side of the screen it continues to scroll while the budget categories on left side of the screen stop scrolling so that the left side categories no longer align with the right side monthly budgets. Is this a bug in the software? It's a little annoying when scrolling to the bottom of the screen and having to make sure things line up.

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It would be helpful if you could provide more details (or even screenshots) if what exactly is happening.

This budget view has been around for 4-5 years, and this is the first complaint I have heard of this behavior. Everything scrolls inline on my machines.

Your version of MacOS and Quicken would be helpful as well.

Thanks!
  • Architect55
    Architect55 Member ✭✭
    I am on MacOS Mojave with Quicken Premier 2020. I've attached two screenshots. One is when I have scrolled to the bottom of the budget view which is where it should stop scrolling and the other is what happens if I keep scrolling after reaching the bottom of the monthly budgets. The monthly budgets on the right no longer line up with the category listings on the left. It is more of nuisance than anything since I have to be careful not to scroll too far once I've reached the bottom of the monthly budgets to maintain alignment.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Architect55  I'm not a big budget user, but I can confirm seeing the same behavior you describe. It definitely seems like a bug. You should use the Help > Report a Problem link in Quicken to report this, including your screen shots. 

I'd add an important note that this bug appear only if you have the Show Budget Totals column visible (as you do in your screenshot); if you click the "<<" button at the top to hide the totals column, this scrolling bug does not occur. 

I don't know when this bug got introduced, but I just tested an old copy of Quicken 2017, and the bug was not present in that version (which had some different bugs of its own the adding and removing that column).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Architect55
    Architect55 Member ✭✭
    Thanks jacobs, I hadn't noticed that the this behavior doesn't occur when the Totals column is collapsed. I will submit a bug report on this.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Thanks for responding. Jacobs appears to have provided a satisfactory response. I just wanted to note that I cannot reproduce this on my machine(s) even with that total column displayed. It might be specific to system/hardware.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @John_in_NC and @Architect55: After my previous post, at some point I was able to get it into a state where the scrolling worked as expected. I don't know what I did that changed it. I quit Quicken and re-launched, and it was back to the scrolling bug. I've repeated this half a dozen times and got inconsistent results -- usually the scrolling bug, but sometimes scrolling properly synced.

I also think I found a way to "fix" it if the scrolling is out-of-sync: resize your Quicken window slightly. After I do that, the scrolling always stays in sync. Very odd.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.