Direct Connect 297-A but Express Web works fine

Options
297-A Quicken is unable to establish an internet connection is the error I get for every Direct Connect account, but every Express Web account works fine. When I switch a Direct Connect to a Express Web the transaction update works fine.
Can anyone explain why I have a fine internet connection, but Quicken complains?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-297
  • Henry Clark
    Henry Clark Member ✭✭
    Options
    Tried everything in that URL, including creating a brand new data file. I also get internet error messages setting up Express Web, but at least the program continues, sets up and downloads transactions.
  • Henry Clark
    Henry Clark Member ✭✭
    Options
    If anyone else has/had this issue, my last direct connect download was 9/2 at 6:50 am CST. I used system restore to take my computer back to before that time, but it did not help. I upgraded to R28.24 on 8/29/2020.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tried everything in that URL, including creating a brand new data file. I also get internet error messages setting up Express Web, but at least the program continues, sets up and downloads transactions.
    If you have more than one financial institution set up to use the Direct Connect connection method and all these financial institutions fail with OL-297-A, and are not on the alert list, I suggest you contact Quicken Support:  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • Henry Clark
    Henry Clark Member ✭✭
    Options
    Lucky me, solved my own problem. Quicken chat support insisted it was the financial institution's problems. So, I disconnected (disabled) my Ethernet adapter, turned on the wi-fi adapter and connected to my mobile phone hot spot. All Direct Connections worked fine. Then, re-enabled my Ethernet adapter and disabled the wi-fi. Direct Connect works fine again. Most likely it was a glitch in my hardwire/ware.
This discussion has been closed.