register sort order is altered after running online updates

Normally entries are sorted by Cleared status. after online update the heading for that column has an odd graphic and the register is no longer sorted by that column.
I can sort it by that column and it sticks between invocation of quicken but is scrambled again after next upload

Using latest windows version of quicken subscription for home and business

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For whatever reason, updates frequently cause changes in the data file.  As far as I know the reason for this has never been explained by Quicken, you just have to stumble over them and fix whatever preference has been changed.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Clr" column, normally located between the Payment and Deposit columns, shows the "Cleared" status of a transaction.
    If, for some reason, the column is a little too narrow to be able to show "Clr", it'll show something like this:
    the letter C and three dots, or as much of it as can be squeezed into the column width.
    Is that what's happening on your system?
    Drag the column width to make it wider by a fraction of an inch, until it shows "Clr" again plus a little more blank space.
  • dlnsmh
    dlnsmh Member
    This recently started happening to me also. Anytime I download, it changes it all my account registers back to date order (with most recent at the top). This is annoying since the easiest way is to work with the register for me is to have sorted by cleared and at the bottom.

I have tried changing to sort by clicking on column and by going to the Actions and Sorting Options in that register but it changes back to date order after the next download.

Hope this gets resolved in the next update.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Our teams have confirmed this behavior is a bug and tentatively anticipate a solution being available in the upcoming R29 release.

To be notified of any updates or changes, please follow the ongoing thread available here.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka
    (QWIN-18063)
    ~~~***~~~